Hindustan Alumni Association (HITSAA)
HINDUSTAN ALUMNI ASSOCIATION (HITSAA)
- Hindustan Alumni Association (HITSAA)has completed several years of active functioning since its installation in 1993. HITSAA is registered as a Society (Sl. No. 156/2014) under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act 27 of 1975. HITSAA Office is situated in the campus and is operated by Alumni.
- HITSAA acts as a bridge between the alumni and the University, and provides a channel of communication for interactions of alumni with students and faculty. HITSAA Office manages Alumni Relations of the University which includes catering to the Alumni needs, establishment and operation of National and International Alumni Chapters, Alumni Reunions, release of HITSAA Newsletter and so on.
- Membership of HITSAA is open for all graduates of erstwhile Hindustan College of Engineering (HCE) and Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science (HITS), and all such people who pursued Short term courses, Certificate or Diploma programmes from the University.
- HITSAA has established the following Alumni Chapters till date.
- HITSAA UAE Alumni Chapter (in Dubai)
- HITSAA Oman Alumni Chapter (in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman)
- HITSAA Bhutan Alumni Chapter (in Thimpu, Bhutan)
- HITSAA Chennai Chapter (in Chennai - University Campus)
- Plans are underway to inaugurate Alumni Chapters at Singapore, USA, Bangalore and Kerala.
- The official HITSAA Facebook group has over 8000 members through which latest updates and news are shared with Alumni. Separate HITSAA groups are available for International Alumni Chapters. The Official HITSAA FB Group can be found at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Hindustan.Alumni.Association/
- HITSAA database is constantly updated by the respective Department Alumni Coordinators. Currently the database has over10,600 Alumni records.
- HITSAA Executive Committee comprising Alumni from different batches meets every semester to dwell upon the activities undertaken, to plan and execute Alumni events for the forthcoming season. Department Alumni Coordinators and student teams facilitate alumni relations of respective departments.
- HITSAA releases its Annual Newsletter 'My Hindustan' every year featuring Alumni news, achievements, articles and snippets.
- As set forth in the Byelaws, the primary objectives of HITSAA are
- To strengthen alumni connections with their Alma Mater and with each other
- To systematically and steadily uplift the image and status of Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, both nationally and internationally
- To become the voice of the alumni in all matters related to the betterment of the University
- To foster continuing professional/academic development of the University
- To project nationally and internationally University's contribution to numerous fields of education
- The University in association with HITSAA organises the Annual Alumni Meet every year wherein alumni from all the batches interact and network with each other. Further batchwise reunions are regualrly organised,. Silver Jubilee Reunions of the first four batches (1989, 1990, 1991, 1992) were held on campus in August 2014, August 2015, July 2016 and August 2017 respectively, wherein senior Alumni came together from across the globe along with their families and celebrated the memorable occasion.
- First batch MBA (1996) Alumni met in the campus in July 2014.First batch MCA Alumni celebrated their 20th Reunion in July 2017. Further, individual Departments / Schools also organise Alumni Meets for their respective Alumni.
- Alumni batches interact with students and faculty during their visits to campus. Alumni pay tributes to the Founder Chairmanand felicitate their teachers respectfully.
- Fourth batch Alumni instituted four Annual Awards to encourage Research publications from final year students and young Faculty of Civil, Mechanical and Electronics departments, and one Annual award for individual Sports achievement by a final year student.
- Alumni representatives are members of Departments' Boardof Studies. Alumni provide advice for enhancing the curriculum and forupgrading the laboratories with latest developments as per the current trends in the Industry.
- Alumni take part in the Hindustan Technology Business Incubation (HTBI) and Hindustan Entrepreneurship and Innovation Centre (HEIC), for mentoring and inspiring student entrepreneurs.
- Alumni visit the campus regularly to deliver Technical Lectures/Seminars and motivational lectures.
- Alumni come forward to offer Internships and Placements to students.
- An Alumni Team is constituted for Industrial Relations and assists the University in sustaining relationship with Industry.
ALUMNI EVENTS 2016-2017
- Annual Alumni Reunion - 27 Feb'16
- Silver Jubilee Re-union of Third Batch (1987-91) on campus - 9 July'16
- Hindustan Group 50th Year Alumni Reunion at Dubai - 14 Oct 2016
- 20th Year Reunion of First batch MCA (1994-97) on campus - 21 July'17
- Silver Jubilee Re-union of Fourth Batch (1988-92) on campus - 5 Aug'17
- Hindustan Group of Institutions Golden Jubilee Alumni Reunion - 2 Dec'17