About the Scheme
Dr.Anand Jacob Verghese, Pro Chancellor, Director & CEO, HGI has mooted the idea of introducing the Work as You Study Scheme (WAYS) in HITS. As a leading private University, the Management of HITS has taken a step forward to empower the youth through employment within the University Campus. The scheme will be launched on 24th September 2020 and implemented from the academic year 2020-21.In state funded Universities, this scheme is fully supported by the State or Central Government. For the first time, as a leading private University, HITS shoulders its responsibility to support the student community by providing part-time jobs to an enrolled student in the University, enabling her/him earn to pay educational expenses. The students selected under this scheme will be known as Campus Student Ambassador (CSA). WSS Scheme is managed and fully funded by HITS Management by mobilizing its own resources.
Benefits of the Scheme
- Provides opportunities to students to earn while learning to meet their expenses.
- Gives students hands on experience and confidence, thereby prepares them better for taking up jobs in future.
- Adds value to the Resume of the students.
- Helps to exploit the immense potential of students as a valuable human resource.
- Prospers belongingness and encourages involvement of the students in management and development of the Institution.
- Helps inculcate in the students the values of hard work and dignity of labour.
- Prevent students from avoidable distractions and engage them in meaningful, positive activities.
- Develop interpersonal relations, and cultivate social skills, increase industrial contacts, improve self-confidence, job knowledge, job-seeking skills, attitudes towards practical reasoning, develop greater maturity, and demonstrate competencies.
Norms For Selecting Campus Student Ambassador (CSA)
1. Only residential students are eligible to apply.
2. Students can apply for the scheme starting from the 2nd Semester of their study.
3. Student must have a minimum of 6 CGPA with no standing arrears.
4. Attendance percentage should be minimum 75% in the previous semester.
5. There should not be any disciplinary action against the student in the past.
6. No Student will be given selection for not more than 2 semesters continuously.
7. Students must produce a Letter of Recommendation from the Class Teacher or HoD.
8. Students with demonstrated skills and or Experience Certificates will be given priority.
General Instructions to the Applicants
- The details of the scheme along with the eligibility norms and procedure to apply are uploaded in the University Website.
- Eligible students can download the application from the webpage and apply via online with necessary attachments and the filled in application must reach the Office of Student Affairs by email (email@example.com) on or before 6th October 2020.
- The received applications will be scrutinized by the selection committee and the shortlisted candidates will be intimated.
- The selected CSA will be assigned appropriate Part-Time jobs based on the requirements of the Institution.
- All the selected students have to give an undertaking to follow the regulations under the scheme.
- The scheme will be strictly monitored with emphasis on the attendance and work completion report.
- Students must also submit a "Self-Appraisal" report on how he/she benefited from the scheme along with their feedback.