- BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION ( AVIATION / LOGISTICS / HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT)
An aviation management degree provides a broad range of skills, both technical and managerial, that prepare individuals for long-term careers in airline and airport management.
Apart from the core functions of business management, the curriculum covers the core areas of aviation, logistics and hospitality.There are also electives offered across the domains to enrich the learning experience.
To work for a major airline carrier, an international airport, a government agency or a general aviation service provider, a bachelor’s degree in aviation management can provide the foundational and specialized knowledge needed to succeed in a range of careers including Airport managers, Airport Operations Manager, Airport planners and Air Cargo Managers.
Also our BBA Aviation programme has a unique blend of industry relevant content on par with International Air Transport Association (IATA) standards, which makes the graduate’s employability higher. The course is offered with a Choice Based Credit System, where the student has wider choices of electives to choose from based on his/her interests. French is also offered as choice in languages along with Tamil and English.
- Dongkuk University, Korea
- Korean Aerospace University, Korea
- The career opportunities on pursuing aviation management course includes aviation planner, senior staff analyst for airlines, operations analyst for airlines, financial analyst for airlines and purchasing management.
- Employment opportunities for Airport/Airline Ground handling Services, Airline Customer Service, Logistics and Travel / Tourism.
Eligibility for BBA
- Candidates who have passed Class 12th/PUC/HSC from any stream are eligible for Admission to BBA Programme.
- The candidate has to fulfil all the prescribed admission requirements / norms of the Institute / UGC.
Duration and Validity
- Duration of BBA is 3 years and the registration period is valid for six academic years.
Semester System is followed with the entire course covered in six semesters.
The curriculum for BBA degree programme is designed to have a minimum of 110 credits distributed across Six semesters of study for the award of degree.
Every Semester has 5 theory subjects and the sixth Semester with 3 theory subjects and a project work .
Evaluation Methodology (Assessment Procedure)
Every course shall have two components of assessments namely Formativeassessment in the form of Continuous Internal Assessment (CIA) and Summative Assessment which is the End Semester Examination (ESE):
- Continuous Internal Assessment “CIA”. This assessment will be carried out throughout the semester as per the Academic Schedule in the form of online assignments, tests and quizzes.
- End Semester Examination “ESE”. This assessment will be carried out at the end of the Semester as per the Academic Schedule. ESE will be conducted Online proctored exams.
- A Learner is deemed to have passed a course only if the total course score (T=CIA + ESE)>=50/100
- A course successfully completed cannot be repeated.
Award of Degree : Degree will be awarded on successful completion of all theory and project work of all the six semesters within 3 to 6 years of BBA programme.
The 3 years UG programme is approved by UGC and offered through Online mode