- M.B.A. General
The Department of Management Studies established in 1994, is renowned for its superior quality in management education, world class infrastructure and highly experienced faculty. well-designed state of the art air conditioned learning rooms, computer facilities with internet connectivity, a LCD Projector in every classroom, a well equipped world class library, and a multicultural learning environment are the hallmarks of the department. Seminar theatres with the latest audio-visual equipments and perfect acoustics create the best conducive environment for learning.
With the myriad MBA specializations offered to you, it becomes important to seek a course that will be in sync with your personal aspirations and professional goals. Choosing the right MBA will make your aspirations go beyond mere profits.
An MBA at Hindustan is not just about getting a degree. It is about standing at the cross roads of innovation and leadership, geared with the power of change to move in the right direction.
Started in 1994, Hindustan MBA offers you a rich, rewarding and wholesome experience. It guarantees to challenge and help you seek new frontiers and become the person you've always aspired to be.
Scale up to the MBA degree at Hindustan and you will see your hopes and aspirations become bigger and better. It will help shape and mould your decisions and actions throughout your life. Welcome to Hindustan, Welcome to an MBA programme that's made for you.
WHY HINDUSTAN UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT?
Eighteen year legacy of Practical Learning :
School of Management has been successfully imparting its transformational management education for the past 18 years. Right from inception, our MBA programme is known for its special blending of theory with practice, thus making it a tailored programme towards the needs of the industry. We focus on the all round development of the students to make them a holistic personality with down-to-earth and positive attitude.
Case Method :
School of Management uses several contemporary pedagogical tools like Case method, Lectures, Role plays, simulations etc. Strong emphasis is on the case based learning. We have signed the Harvard Business School Publishing's India Site License Agreement which gives us unlimited access towards the use of Harvard Case studies and also the case studies from their partner organizations like IIM-Bangalore, Ivey and ACRC in our MBA programme.
Faculty with a blend of Industry & Academic Experience :
We have a very strong faculty team, which is a synergistic group of doctorates, academicians and professionals with decades of industry experience in senior positions. This conscious mix of faculty team perfectly aids our pedagogical process of blending theory with practice. Our faculty team hand-holds and mentors the students in the process of becoming able professional managers. Apart from this, school of management brings in industry professionals for special guest sessions at regular intervals to expose the students to the contemporary issues in the industry.
Value added training & Global Orientation :
Apart from the classroom learning, School of Management regularly organizes soft skills training to the students and helps them to face placement interviews with confidence and right poise. There is an active placement team which plans and executes several workshops towards successful placement of the students with their positive interventions in CV preparation, Group Discussion practice and mock interview preparations. Our MoUs with some of the leading foreign universities brings in a global orientation to the programme with its student exchange programmes. This widens the knowledge horizons of the students and readies them to take on the challenges and opportunities of the globalized industry environment.
Strong Alumni network with rich experience :
Hindustan Alumni are well placed in senior positions in top-notch companies across the world. We have alumni chapters around the world and regularly conduct alumni re-union meetings. The vast alumni network is a big plus point for the students to interact and draw inspiration from their professional experiences.
MBA is a necessary qualification to climb-up the corporate ladder. There is a high demand for good quality management graduates in all the functional areas of Finance, HR, IT and Marketing in various industries. Two years of hard-work, supplemented by the able training of the faculty shall open the gateway for a long and successful managerial career.
As aspiring MBA professionals you seek knowledge that would stimulate your thought process and open a whole new world of learning for you. The MBA at Hindustan endeavors to give you options to decide the best course for you. It will be our prerogative to strategically test and challenge your thinking capacities in a reformative and dynamic business world. There are no myths and strings attached when it comes to being a part of the Hindustan MBA. Students are expected to be high performers; they are required to reset their achievement levels aligned to that of a go-getter attitude.
It is crucial to understand that MBA at Hindustan comes with a huge band of commitment to excellence and development at all stages. It is this commitment to excellence that you need to understand in order to give a guaranteed performance.
HINDUSTAN FULL TIME MBA PROGRAMME OUTLINE
The full time MBA will take a period of two years (4 semesters) where you will be transformed into high performers in core and functional business areas. In the full time program you will have the opportunity to visit organizations overseas, giving you adequate exposure to management and leadership practices around the world.
Courses in the MBA Programmes are :
- Regular-Specialization In Finance/Marketing/Human Resource/Systems)
- Aviation Management
- Media and Entertainment Management
- Hospital and Healthcare Management
- Hospitality Management
- Family Business and Entrepreneurship
MBA- FUNCTIONAL SPECIALIZATION PROGRAMME :
The regular MBA programme of HITS School of Management trains the students in functional areas of management like Finance, HR, Marketing and Systems.
Following papers are offered in the MBA Programme with functional specialization*
CORE SUBJECTS :
- Data Analysis for Business Decisions
- Economic Foundations of Business Environment
- Total Quality Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Communication Skills and Business Correspondence
- Accounting for management
- Legal aspects of business
- Principles of management
- Production Management
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Applied operations research for management
- Strategic Management
- Research methods in Business
- Business application software
- Emerging trends in Management
- International Business management
- Entrepreneurship Development
FUNCTIONAL ELECTIVE COURSES
ELECTIVES IN FINANCE :
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Merchant Banking and Financial Services
- International Trade Finance
- Strategic Financial Management
- Corporate Finance
- Derivatives Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Insurance and Risk Management
ELECTIVES IN HR :
- Managerial Behavior and Effectiveness
- Competency Mapping and Development
- Industrial Relations and Labour Welfare
- Labor Legislations
- Strategic Human Management and Development
- Cross Cultural Management
- Performance and Reward Management
ELECTIVES IN MARKETING :
- Sales Management
- Services Marketing
- Advertising and Sales Promotion
- Consumer Behavior
- Brand Management
- Rural Marketing
- Retail Marketing
- Customer Relationship Management
ELECTIVES IN SYSTEMS :
- Software Development
- Database Management Systems
- E-Commerce Technology and Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning for Management
- Software Project and Quality Management
- Decision Support System
- Information Technology for Management
- Knowledge Management Systems
* Indicative list subject to changes
For Further Course Details and admission process Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
AWARDS AND RANKING :
- The School of Management, Hindustan University is ranked 90 at all India level in The Week - MaRS B School National Survey 2012.
- CRISIL has rated the MBA programme offered by the School of Management and has assigned a rating of 'A' at the state level and 'B***' (pronounced as B triple star) at the national level.
- Hindustan University was honored with B-School Leadership Award by Star News National B-School Awards.
- Further the curriculum in aviation also won an award for being industry-related.
- DNA and Stars of the industry group presented Hindustan University School of Management with the Innovation Leadership Award. The award is in recognition of leadership, development, innovation and industry interface of The Business School