M.Tech. Process Control & Instrumentation Engineering
- M.Tech. Process Control & Instrumentation Engineering
About the Course
Instrumentation is at the heart of any industry and sophisticated process control and guidance techniques are essential in modern days. The course provides a sound foundation for students wishing to pursue a career in electrical engineering, communications, control systems, robotics or sensor systems through a diverse range of theoretical skills and practical experience of real time applications and design experience. Modules of this programme train the students to plan, design, install, operate, control and maintain complex systems that produce, treat and use materials and fuels.
- In every industry with focus on quality, control and instrumentation has acquired significant importance.
- This course helps to illustrate the role played by instrumentation and control techniques in the field of quality control in process and manufacturing industries.
- Control and instrumentation is also concerned with the navigation and guidance systems applied in civil and defense sectors.
- This course is interdisciplinary in nature covering areas such as control, instrumentation, computers, mechanical and chemical engineering
A Pass in B.E/B.Tech(EIE/ECE/EEE/E&I/E&C/ Electronics/ Instrumentation)
|PLC & DCS Engineers|
|Communication Protocol for instrumentation|
|Modern Control Theory|
|Process Control System Components|
|Digital Control Theory|
|Analog & Digital Instrumentation|
|Microcontroller based system designs|
|Advanced Process Instrumentation|
|Optimal Control Theory|
|Instrumentation in Petrochemical & Automotive Industries|
|Advanced Process Control|
The project work is mainly focused on industry application. The students carry out projects in the field of process control, Industrial drive control using PLC, SCADA & DCS environments. The students are encouraged to develop Industrial collaboritive projects.
The graduates of the programme get placed in the following:
- R & D units of public and private sector companies.
- In heavy industries such as Thermal Power Stations, Steel Plants, Refinieries, and Cement and Fertilizer Plants
- In designing, developing, installing and maintaining equipment which is used to monitor and control engineering systems, machinery and processes.
- Engage in academic research as a lecturer or trainer of instrumentation engineers.
Duration : 2 Years