Specialization in Design of Mechanical System
- Specialization in Design of Mechanical System
About the Course
M.Tech Engineering Design focuses on the mechanical aspects and modern practices of design and their application. Engineering Design stream offers courses such as Advanced Solid Mechanics, Theory of Mechanisms, Theory of Vibrations, Concepts of Engineering Design, Design with Advanced Materials, Failure Analysis, Finite Element Analysis, etc.
The Design Engineering course lays emphasis on real-time applications. It trains students in the design, development and simulation. The course also enables them to explore new areas in Engineering Design and allied sciences.
The aim and the purpose of this course is to:
- Offer an integrated approach to design of mechanical systems.
- To expose the advanced computational and analysis tools to enhance the capability of the design engineer.
- Instill advanced knowledge in the sciences in the above fields.
- Provide up-to-date knowledge through guest lectures, technical training courses and workshops.
- Encourage research activities and publication in national/international journals.
- Provide exposure to the latest software packages, such as, Pro-E-Wildfire, CatiaV5, AutoCad 2012, Solidedge, Solidworks 2012, Nastron, Ansys 13.0 and Abaqus.
There is a lot of scope for Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Engineering Design. The field has ever increasing potential with flexible opportunities. Some of the fields are given below:
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems
- Design of machine components
- Design of machine tool
- Design of subsystems for Automotive Engineering
The course provides ample job opportunities in all kinds of Mechanical Engineering related industries, automotive industries, research and development centers and also enables the student to become an entrepreneur.
Duration : 2 Years