- About the School
- Vision & Mission
- Courses Offered
- International Law Admissions
- Fees Structure
- LSAT-India Admission Test
About the School
HITS School of Law is part of the reputed Hindustan Group of Institutions founded in 1966 by the Late Dr. K. C. G. Verghese. The School of Law is a pioneering School envisaging the goal of achieving excellence in imparting legal education through exemplary teaching and learning methods.
Hindustan Group of Institutions offers wide ranging courses in Engineering, Science and Technology, Management and Social Sciences. With the ever changing dynamics of legal education, the interface between technology and law forms an interesting area to explore. The future of legal profession largely depends on the role of technology.
The School encourages interdisciplinary and multi disciplinary approaches to learning through its unique and dynamic curriculum and diverse teaching methodologies along with excellent infrastructure to aid the all-round development of the students.
The School is headed by Dr. V. L. Mony, Eminent Professor of Law, spanning a career of more than two decades. His rich and diverse experience is an asset to the institution. The School boasts of faculty having PhD with expertise spanning over various areas of Law. Hon'ble Justice Kurien Joseph, Former SC Judge, as the Patron and Hon'ble SC and HC Judges, former Law Commission members, Vice Chancellors of Law Schools are on the Advisory Board of Law School.
Vision & Mission
To be a research oriented law school aiming to acquir eexcellence in teaching, research and community service in tune with the Code of Ethics of the legal profession.
To provide every student with an organic environment suitable to achieve his/her goal with strong emphasis on personality development and offer resources to gain quality education..
About the Course - B.A. LLB (HONS)
The School of Law offers the Five Year integrated B.A.,LL.B(Hons.) Course which caters to the dynamics of interdisciplinary approaches to learning and skill acquisition. The course would entail a broad curriculum of multifarious disciplines including subjects like Political Science, History, Economics, English in addition to core subjects of Law.
About the Course - B.B.A. LLB (HONS)
B.B.A., LL.B (Hons.) Through a combination of courses in Business Administration and Law, the B.B.A., LL. B (Hons.) Program offers to cater to the current trends in market wherein students would be enlightened on facets of Corporate Governance, Finance Management, Investment and Competition to name a few arenas.
About the Course - LLB
The School offers a three-year LL.B Course designed to enrich and cater to the needs of professionals from other disciplines by introducing them to the World of Law and thus presenting to them a myriad of opportunities.
- 2 with minimum 55%
- CLAT / LSAT Score
- Group Discussion / Personal Interview Group Discussion / Personal Interview
LL.M, International Law
Admissions commence from 3 rd week of January 2020 for LL.M, International Law(Dual Degree Option Available)
The LL.M students have an option to complete the program in Chicago Kent College of Law of Illinois Institute of Technology, by undergoing one Semester in Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science and One Semester in Chicago Kent.
- State of the art classrooms with the latest equipment and technology to aid teaching and learning.
- Modestly furnished and efficiently equipped Moot Court Hall and a Seminar Hall for clinical training programmes.
- The Law school library is an abode to an exclusive collection of books, journals, case commentaries, reports, handbooks, legislations, multi volume treatises on specialized law subjects, case law digests and tabloids.
- In addition to the wide range of literature that the library holds, the School of Law subscribes to a number of online resources and databases such as WestLaw, Heinonline, Jstor, Manupatra, SCC Online to name a few.
- The School of Law is in the process of entering into MoU's with several Academic and Industrial Partners with a view to collaborating, cooperating and working towards creating a better future for the Young minds of tomorrow.
- The campus is green environment friendly campus that has in house residential facilities for students by offering them hostel accommodations with all the requisite facilities. There are separate hostels for boys and girls within the campus.
- The students have access to a wide range of recreational facilities such as outdoor and indoor sports, literary and dramatic clubs encouraging all round development.
SCHOOL OF LAW FEE STRUCTURE FOR THE STUDENTS JOINING IN THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2019-20
|S.No.||Programme||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year|
|1||B.A. LL.B (Hons.)||2,22,500||2,13,000||2,13,000||2,13,000||2,13,000|
|2||B.B.A. LL.B (Hons.)||2,22,500||2,13,000||2,13,000||2,13,000||2,13,000|
LSAT-INDIA ADMISSION TEST 2020
- HITS is the Founding Member of LSAC—Global Law Alliance.
- HITS accepts LSAT—India™ scores as part of the selection process for admission to the [Insert course details i.e. BA. LL.B/BBA LL.B/LL.M whichever is applicable].
- Register online for the LSAT—India™ 2020 entrance test by logging on to www.discoverlaw.in
- HITS will award the top LSAT—India™ 2020 test scorer a Scholarship for an amount equivalent to the tuition fee for one academic year.
- To promote quality, access, and equity in law and education worldwide, LSAC Global will offer two scholarships:
- The LSAT—India™ 2020 Topper Scholarship
- The Shamnad Basheer Access to Justice Essay Scholarship *For more information about the Scholarship visit www.discoverlaw.in/scholarship-opportunities