Diploma in Optometry
- Diploma in Optometry
About the Programme
Diploma in Optometry is a two-year programme with four semesters. The students are exposed to diverse domains of Optometry, particularly, the diagnosis of visual defects with the help of optical instruments.
- Imparts the competency and skills required in the field of optometry.
- Incubation of knowledge on sensory substitution and other rehabilitation measures for the visually challenged.
- Training for successfully conducting eye tests to examine a patient’s vision, prescribe eyeglasses or contact lenses and provide vision therapy and rehabilitation.
- Correct refractive error and provide spectacle prescription; and evaluate, prescribe and dispense contact lenses for refractive correction and other ocular conditions.
- Assess the low vision and provide comprehensive low vision care.
- Ability to assess the visual demands for various occupations and match it to the visual capabilities. Also be able to advice on eye safety wear for various occupations
- A pass in 12thStandard with Science subjects.
- Customer Care Associate,
- Private Practitioner,
- Trainee Optometrist,
- Vision Consultant,
- Optometry Researcher,
- Optometrist Assistant,
- Nutrition Officer/Data Assistant,
- Junior Medical Coder,
- Lens Consultant,
- Office Assistant,
- Optometry Technician
Two Years with an Internship