Centre for Automotive Electronics (CAE)
Research Center » CAE
DEPARTMENT OF AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING SCHOOL OF MECHANICAL SCIENCES
To be a Centre of knowledge for Research, Development and Professional service in Automotive Electronics in collaboration with industry towards the vibrant research education environment.
To create and disseminate knowledge through a range of high-quality academic program in a student-centered learning environment to emphasize intellectual achievement and increase employability in the field of Automotive Electronics
- Enrich the knowledge in the field of Automotive Electronics by conducting advanced technical programs.
- Emphasis research activity in the field of Automotive Electronics.
- Nurture human resources having expertise and advanced knowledge in automotive technology
- Strengthen the research network and dissemination of information in global platform.
- Develop innovative products and intellectual property in Automotive Embedded systems.
The Department of Automobile Engineering has established the Centre for Automotive Electronics under the School of Mechanical Science at HITS with the objective of augmentation for research in current trends of automotive electronics and also to inculcate a research culture among the students and faculty members of the university. This centre was inaugurated by Dr.BerndtA.Buchmann, Director, (Volkswagen Group after sales & Vehicle Logistics) and Dr.Elizabeth Verghese, Chancellor, Hindustan University. In the presence of Dr.Anand Jacob Verghese Pro-Chancellor, Mr.Ashok Verghese Director, Dr.S.Ramachanran, Vice Chancellor, Hindustan University on 03rd October 2015.The centre enables the experts from Universities, Research Organizations and leading industry in Automotive technology to work together to produce innovative technology. Also to train the youth to become skilled professionals in this filed.
Advanced Diploma in Autotronics
The center for Automotive Electronics, Hindustan institute of Technology & Sciences and Volkswagen Group Sales India Pvt. Ltd. has jointly introduced Advanced Diploma Program in Autotronics. These programs focus towards imparting hands on training in the field of automotive systems and automotive electronics. The course consists of the following four modules.
- Automotive system
- Mechanical system
- Electrical and Electronics systems
- System integration & Six weeks Dealership orientation
Duration of course: 1 Year
Commencement of Course: August 2016
- Candidate who have passed - Diploma or Degree in Mechanical / Automobile / Electronics/Instrumentation / Electrical Engineering or in allied branches are eligible for admission to this course.
To produce highly motivated engineers and enhance them with technical and practical skills in the automotive field. The center offersthe following Certificate Short Term courses for engineering students and industry professionals.
- Automotive Mechanical system
- Automotive Electrical system
- Automotive Electronic System
Course Duration: 100 Hrs (30Hrs Lecture +70 Hrs. Practical)/ Two Weeks
Commencement of Course: July 2016
Eligibility Criteria for Students: 3&4Thyear students of BE/B.Tech Auto/Mech/EIE/ECE/EEE
Eligibility Criteria for Industry Person: Candidate who have passed - Diploma or Degree in Mechanical / Automobile / Electronics/Instrumentation / Electrical Engineering or in allied branches are eligible for admission to this course.
The Centre aims to fully grasp the fundamental key technologies associated with sensors, actuators and integrated circuits along embedded systems, Vehicle Diagnosis system and Electronic Control Unit remapping. The center also highlights the following
- International standard laboratory equipment Hands on training on VW-Vehicle Jetta
- Elsa Pro Workshop Manual with CFD More than 500 self-study materials
- 50 Computer based video lecture Worksheet based training
- Trained Trainer by Volkswagen Group Academy
- Air-conditioned class room with ICT facility
- Certificate from Volkswagen’s authorized training centre
Mr. T. Shanmuganathan,Group Head.
Centre for Automotive Electronics,
Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science
Phone: 9894111178, 044-27474262-151