B.Tech Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech Chemical Engineering
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Department of Chemical Engineering under the school of Mechanical Sciences was established on 2009 and offers Bachelor of Technology programmes in Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology. The department is multi-disciplinary with faculty expertise ranging from Process Engineering, Biotechnology, Polymer Science, Nanotechnology and Environmental Engineering. The department has well established laboratories as well as good infrastructure to carry out research.
About the Programme
Chemical Engineering is the branch of engineering which deals with the processing of raw materials to desired products on large scale with the objective of the economical and successful design of unit processes and unit operations for commercial purposes.
To achieve the pinnacle of success through quality education, research and entrepreneurship in emerging areas of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology.
- To provide innovative education empowered with excellent technical and leadership skills
- To create state-of-the-art infrastructure for research and training, promote scientific discovery and development by fostering relationship with research organizations and industries
- B.Tech Chemical Engineering (Duration : 4 years )
- B.Tech Biotechnology (Duration : 4 years )
B.TECH CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
B.Tech in Chemical Engineering at Hindustan covers a wide range of domains spanning from basic sciences to applied science emphasizing on research and development. This programme serves as a bridge between industry and academics and is designed to provide students with in-depth knowledge about the various processes in the chemical industry. It strives to develop industry-centric professionals specialized in chemical engineering principles, process design, petroleum refining, unitoperations, unitprocesses and other core chemical engineering subjects
Biotechnology is defined as any technological application that uses biological systems, living organisms or derivatives of thereof, to make or modify products or processes for specific use ( UN Convention Biological Diversity, Art.2). In simple words, Biotechnology is technology based on biology. It is a fusion of science and technology where living organisms or systems are used to develop or manufacture new products.
B.Tech Biotechnology is an innovative programme offered by the department of Chemical Engineering. It intends to provide students an understanding about the various scientific processes combined with modern technological aspects, so that they are well versed in the field of genetic engineering, cell biology, Bio-Process Engineering, Downstream Processing, Immunology, Drug design and so on.
- DST funded project (2014 -2017) Nanoparticles of TPA and CsTPA as catalysts for Biodiesel Production from Used Cooking Oils with high acid value" - 25 Lakhs by Dr. A.Anitha
- DST funded project (2016-2019) " Enhancement on heat transfer using Silicon Carbide Nanoparticles and Whiskers based Nanofluids" -28 Lakhs by Dr.N.Kavitha
A chemical engineer is required to:
- To design equipments and operate chemical plants.
- To determine the problems and find the best methods of production.
- To create synthetic replacements for those natural materials and resources those are in short supply.
- To improve and maintain of the quality of human life.
As these requirements are in great demand, the scope for a chemical engineer is vast and varied when compared to the other branches of engineering.
The job prospectus and career options of a chemical engineer are varied. A chemical engineer can find a job in:
- Textiles sector
- Chemical industries
- Mineral-based industries
- Paints and Dyes
- Fertilizer industry
- Petroleum refining plants
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Fertilizer technology
- R & D sectors
Duration : 4 Years