B.Sc. Aircraft Maintenance
- B.Sc. Aircraft Maintenance
About the Programme
This degree programme is designed to satisfy the increasing need for multi-skilled professionals in aerospace industries. It aims to produce highly motivated graduates technical personnel with knowledge and abilities to work in aircraft maintenance field. The students will learn the inspection, defect analysis of systems and components operating in the aircraft and engines. As a result of learning these procedures for Aircrafts and Helicopters, the student will gain an idea about how to maintain the aircraft in a safe and airworthy condition. The students will also be familiar with Civil Aviation rules of Light and Heavy Aircraft category.
B.Sc. Aircraft Maintenance programme play a pivotal role for the maintenance personnel who are primarily responsible for keeping the aircrafts in an airworthy condition.
- At HITS, the School of Aeronautical Science is host to Centre for Excellence in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering under TIFAC-CORE program sponsored by TIFAC, DST, Government of India.
- Multifunctioning display
- The student will receive guidance under highly-qualified staff who have undergone projects in TIFAC-CORE. Different aircrafts, collection of systems, cut section of aircraft engines and various sub components such as landing gear, braking system and instrument panel are available in the campus to improve the students’ practical knowledge.
- State of the art Aircraft Maintenance equipment available for training.
B.Sc. Aircraft Maintenance Programme opens up vistas for higher education and as well as in top aerospace industries in India as well as abroad, such as following:
- Domestic Airlines such as Air India, Spice Jet, Jet Airways, etc
- Foreign Airlines such as British Airways, KLM, Quantas, Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines, etc.
- Defence Services namely Indian Air Force, Indian Navy, and Indian Army.
- Central Government / State Government / PSUs such as Hindustan Aeronautical Ltd., BHEL, ISRO, DGCA.
Duration : 3 Years