B.Tech Environmental Engineering and Water Resources
- B.Tech Environmental Engineering and Water Resources
About the Course
Civil Engineering with specialization in Environmental Engineering and Water Resources aims at providing Engineering graduates with the advanced conceptual understanding of Water and Waste Water Engineering, Solid and Hazardous Waste Management, Air Pollution and Control, EIA Studies and Design of water and waste water collection system and treatment units to meet the needs of developmental projects and industries along with the basic Civil Engineering aspects.
The course includes basic sciences, mathematics, engineering graphics and computing techniques in the first year. Building drawing and other laboratory classes help the students to understand Civil Engineering in a practical way. In the second year, the fundamental principles are applied to study the behaviour of Solids, Fluids and Soils. Transportation Engineering and Environmental Engineering are also introduced. From the third year onwards, electives are offered in the areas of Environmental Engineering and Water Resources. Students can opt for electives such as:
- Water Resource Engineering
- Ground Water Hydrology
- Remote Sensing Techniques and Applications
- Industrial Waste Management
- Air Pollution Management
- Municipal Solid Waste Management
- Energy and Environment
- Coastal Engineering
- Flood and Drought Management
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Sustainable Development and Environment
- Environmental Policies and Legislation
- Ground Water Pollution
- Marine Pollution
In the final year, students have to undertake a design project and a main project in the areas of Environmental or Water Resources Engineering.
Civil Engineers with specialization in Environmental Engineering & Water Resources have immense scope to work in sectors such as:
- Environmental impact assessment and mitigation.
- Water supply and treatment.
- Air quality management.
- Environmental policy and regulation development.
- Contaminated land management and site remediation.
- Environmental health and safety.
- Irrigation and Water Management
- Water resource management.
- Solid waste management.
Can get employment in Pollution Control Boards, Industries to take care of Environmental Management, Hindustan Dorr Oliver, Tata Consulting Engineers, Engineers India Ltd., State Public Works Department, L&T, Gammon India etc.,
Duration : 4 Years