Pro Chancellor - Profile
Dr. Anand Jacob Verghese
Career & Summary:
Pro-Chancellor - Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science
Director & CEO - Hindustan Group of Institutions:
HINDUSTAN GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS, founded by Late Dr. K.C.G. Verghese, Founder Chairman, is managed by Hindustan Engineering Training Centre, (HETC), an Educational Society registered under the Societies Registration Act- 1968. Dr. Anand Jacob Verghese is the Director & CEO of the prestigious Hindustan Group of Institutions which includes,
- Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science (HITS)
- Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology (HIET)
- Hindustan College of Arts & Science (HCAS)
- KCG College of Technology (KCG Tech.)
- Orient Flights Private Limited
- Hindustan International Schools (CIE & CBSE)
- Hindustan First Grade College, Mysuru (HFGC
Dr. Anand's managerial experience covers a period of over 25 years in the Education and Aviation sectors. He has immensely contributed to the overall administration and development activities of Hindustan Group of Institutions. Dr. Anand has actively involved in the development activities of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering department and establishment of TIFAC-CORE, a Research Centre with a total project outlay of Rs.13.72 crores at the School of Aeronautical Engineering-the first of its kind in the country to develop readily employable workforce for the booming Aviation Industry. Dr. Anand has travelled extensively to the USA/Europe/UK/Asia/Gulf/Russia to promote educational partnerships.
- B.S. in Engineering Management from U.S. International University, London (Accredited by ABET, USA) Sept. 1987 to Aug. 1993;
- M.B.A. from Huron University, London (Aug. 1993 - Sep. 1994); and
- Honorary Doctorate in Business Management from the world-renowned Dongguk University, Seoul, South Korea.
Membership In Professional Bodies
- Vice President 2020-21, Aeronautical Society of India and Chairman, Chennai Branch, 2015.
- Executive Member, Managing Committee, Madras Management Association (MMA), Chennai (2014-16).
- Executive Council Member, Indo-Australian Chamber of Commerce.
- Governing Board Member, The Council of EU Chambers of Commerce in India (EU Chambers).
- Member, Indo-American Chamber of Commerce.
- Member, India-ASEAN-Sri Lanka Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
- Member, Royal Aeronautical Society, United Kingdom.
- Member, National Business Aviation Association.
- Member, Advisory Council, Association of Universities of Asia and the Pacific (AUAP), Thailand (2018 - 2020).
- Vice President, The Association of Flight Training Organisations.
- "Bharat Ratna Rajiv Gandhi Makkal Thalaivar Moopanar Award" from Mr.G.K.Vasan, Hon'ble Minister for Statistics & Programme Implementation, Govt. of India.
- "Trailblazer" of Tamil Nadu Award from Times Media Group.
- "Edupreneur Award" from the Times Group for his Exemplary Commitment and impactful positive contribution to education in Tamil Nadu 2013.
- "Spice Award" for Best School for Overall development during the 3rd National Convention on education of Auuro Educational Services, from His Excellency The Governor of Tamilnadu Dr. K. Rosaiah along with the Hon'ble Consul General of Japan Mr. Seiji Baba in Feb 2016.
- "Aviation Edupreneur"Award, during the National Science Day Celebration at Russian Centre of Culture & Science. The award was presented by the Chief Guest Cosmonaut Salizhan Sharipov, in the presence of His Excellency Mr. Sergey Kotov, Consul General of Russian Federation in South India.
- "IET Ratna Award", the highest award from IET, Chennai local network, for his commendable contributions in the field of Engineering Education.
- "Chennai International Youth Fest Excellence Award" from Youth Development Consortium for striving continuously to build the youth empowerment.
- "MGR Ratna Award" for eminent people who have contributed to the vision of MGR.
- District Governor, Madras District, Y's Men International (2009-2010).
- Lieutenant Regional Director, , Y's Men International (2012-2013).
- Chairman, Host Committee, 71st Y's Men International Convention, Chennai - 2014.
- Regional Director, South India Region (2017-2018); International Service Director (2018-2019); Chief Area Coordinator - India Area, Ysm International (2020 - 2021).
- Best Regional Director Award, India Area - 2017-2018
- Best District Governor Award by South India Region & India Area - 2009-2010.
- Elmer Crowe Award by Y's Men International at the International Convention held in August 2010 at Yokohama, Japan.
Membership In Social Service Organisations
Dr. Anand's commitment towards human welfare has fetched him notable accolades such as