IQAC | HITS
IQAC | HITS
- About IQAC
- Stakeholders Feedback on Curriculum Development
- Institutional Distinctiveness
- Best Practices
About the IQAC - HITS
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) – HITS created under the NAAC guidelines, is an august body at Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science comprising Senior Academicians, Thought Leaders, Eminent Alumni, Industry representative, Retired and Serving Senior Academicians from institutions of repute, Management Representative and a Local Body Member. The IQAC acts as a guiding force to ensure the quality of services and undertake reforms in terms of Infrastructure and Personnel addition. IQAC meets once in three months with a set agenda, for which the inputs are sought from various stake holders such as students, teachers, parents, alumni, administration and management. The deliberations that take place goes into policy framework of the institution.
The primary aim of IQAC are
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution;
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices;
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services;
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks;
The primary aim of IQAC are
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices;
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HITS;
IQAC COMMITTEE MEMBERS LIST FOR 2021-22
|1||Dr. S.N. Sridhara||Vice Chancellor||Chairman|
|2||Dr. R. W. Alexander Jesudasan||Pro Vice Chancellor||Vice Chairman|
|3||Dr.Aby Sam||Director, Management Representative||Member|
|Member from Academia (Teachers)|
|4||Dr.S.Mohan||Professor, Dept.of Civil Engineering, IIT, Madras.||Member|
|5||Dr. R.Jeyavel||Director, CNSTCEG, Anna University||Member|
|6||Dr. V. J. Philip||Former Principal, Madras Christian College||Member|
|7||Dr.GeethaSwaminathan||Former Vice Principal, Stella Maris college||Member|
|8||Dr. A. Sherine||Professor & Head (Languages) & Ranking||Member|
|9||Dr. N. Madhumithaa||Assistant Professor (SG), MBA||Member|
|10||Dr. P. Kumara Guru||Assistant Professor (SG), ECE||Member|
|Member from Senior Administrative Officer|
|12||Dr. Angeline Geetha||Dean (Engg. & Tech), HITS||Member|
|13||Dr. SheebaChander||Dean (SPADE)||Member|
|14||Dr. P.V. NagendraSarma||Dean (SOL), HITS||Member|
|15||Dr. A. Prabaharan||Head (Students Affairs)||Member|
|16||Dr. K. Nanda Kumar||Director (Research)||Member|
|17||Dr. G. Ilavazhagan||Director (International Affairs)||Member|
|18||Dr. C. KeziSelvaVijila||Controller of Examinations||Member|
|19||Dr. C. Ramesh||Head - SAHS, HITS||Member|
|20||Dr. David Easow||Head – SLAAS, HITS||Member|
|21||Dr. SudalaiMuthu T||Professor||Coordinator|
|Local Society Nominee|
|22||Dr. B. Prabakaran||Asso. Prof. Auto, Engg., Professional Society Coordinator, HITS||Nominee Member|
|23||Ms. Visalakshi||Research Scholar (Full Time), CSE||Nominee Member|
|24||Dr. E. Bhaskaran||Joint Director of Industries and Commerce (Engg)., Government of Tamilnadu||Nominee Member|
|25||Mr. Isaac Symala Gerard||Chief HR Officer, HITS||Nominee Member|
|26||Mr. K. Giridharan||Principal Design Engineer, Urjitha Electronics, Chennai||Nominee Member|
|Stakeholders / Parent Nominee|
|27||Mr. C.K. Venkatesan||Parent of Mr. C.K. Sukhdev, IV Year, B.Arch||Nominee Member|
Stakeholders Feedback on Curriculum Development
"Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science (HITS) regularly seeks feedback on Curriculum Development from the various stack holders includes Students, Faculty, Parents, Employers, Alumni and Professional bodies. The feedbacks are collected through online. The collected feedback are analyzed and discussed in the Board of Studies (BoS). The recommended suggestion/feedback is considered for the curriculum development. The Action Taken Report (ATR) with Analysis report is presented in the Academic Council (AC) meeting and placed in Board of Management (BoM) meeting for approval. The collected feedback, Analysis report, Action report are uploaded in the institution website"
Feedback Analysis Report
Action Taken Report
Department Of Aeronautical Engineering
Incepted in 1985, Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science (HITS) has been excelling in diverse fields of Engineering and Technology, Architecture, Management, Law, Fashion, Design, and Arts, Aviation, Applied Sciences, Health Sciences, and Arts and Sciences. The Department of Aeronautical Engineering being the flagship School of HITS, housing the Department of Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering since 1996 provides technical education in the field of Aeronautics. The B. Tech. Aeronautical Engineering and B.Tech Aerospace Engineering programmes offered by Department of Aeronautical Engineering is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA). The Department of Aeronautical Sciences has acquired an exemplary reputation in providing undergraduate and postgraduate programmes by a blend of experienced faculty in Aircraft Design, Aerodynamics, Aircraft Structures, Aircraft Propulsion, Aircraft Systems and Avionics. Endowed with various types of Aircraft, Flight Simulators, Helicopters, and Fatigue Testing Machines, the Department applies latest technology to study the advancement in the field of Aviation, Space Exploration and Defence System. The School houses the Centre of Excellence for Satellite Technology, Centre for Autonomous Systems, Aircraft Maintenance and SIMCRASH under its flagship. The strong collaborations with International Universities offer Semester Abroad programme for students at IPSA, ENAC, MAI. Nebula Astro, Aero, HITS Rocketry & CubeSat Clubs are some of the active Clubs which provide opportunities to students participate in international competitions sponsored by NASA, Airbus, SAE International etc., and get to design and develop new and innovative products. The Department consists of experienced faculty members from industry (DRDO, HAL, IAF, DLR) who have published over 450 Scopus indexed journal publications and filed 7 Indian patents & published 6 International Patents. The School received funded project worth INR 15 Crores and Consultancy of INR 2 crores.
Awards & Accolades:
- Student Startup, “Jhatayu” touted as Asia’s First Flying Bike was awarded by Asia books of Records & India Book of Records, 2020-21.
- Students made CubeSat “JAIHIND” and recognized as World’s Lightest Micro satellite by India Book of Records & URF World of Records.
- Students made cheapest Femto Satellite by India Book of Records.
- Team Helix bagged 16th position globally in CANSAT-2021 Competition conducted by American Astronautical Society & NASA Goddard Centre.
- “FIRE WALL”,Team of students won 1000 Pounds in the WTUN Competition in the Sustainable category.
- Two teams “UTKARSH” and “BLUE THUNDER" were qualified to the finals of TOYCATHON ’21 conducted by the Ministry of Education’s Innovation Cell & AICTE.
- “FANATIC” Team of students bagged 5 th position with Rs.50000/- Cash Prize in AEROTHON’21 conducted by SAEINDIA.
- The School has bagged the Best Aeronautical & Aerospace Department Award in Tamil Nadu by Times of India.
- ALSIM Flight Simulator
- Fatigue Testing Machine
- Supersonic Wind Tunnel
- NDT Laboratory
- High Performance Computers
- Avionics Laboratory
- UAV Laboratory
- Aircraft Jet Engines
- 7 Aircrafts with One Serviceable Helicopter and Serviceable Aircraft.
- Space Propulsion Laboratory and Fabrication
- Composite Design Laboratory
The department has been actively conducting various technical events such as:
- Competitions (Wings, Aero Expo, Space Week)
- Workshops (Quadcopter, Gliders, CubeSat)
- Guest lectures & Webinars
- Seminars in Current Topics
- FDPs & STTPs
The students of the department participate in both national & international competitions such as:
- SAE Aero Design by SAE International
- AEROTHON by SAEINDIA
- CANSAT by NASA
- Cubes in Space by Idoodle Inc. & NASA
- Human Exploration Rover Challenge by NASA
- WTUN Competition
- Toycathon by the Ministry of Education’s Innovation Cell & AICTE.
Every year, students from School of Aeronautical Sciences perform well in GATE conducted by IIT for postgraduate studies @IIT’s in Aerospace Engineering. In the year 2021, 15 students passed the minimum cut-off marks set by IIT and among these qualified students, 3 students obtained All India Ranking (AIR) below 100.
Alumni of the department hold prestigious positions in reputed organizations.
- Mr. Sankaran, Scientist ‘F’, ADE
- Ms. Lizy kalaga, Director, Institute of Indian Aviation and Allied Management Studies/li>
- Ms. Atulya Asokan, Project Analyst, Lockheed Martin/li>
- Mr . Karthikeyan, Project Director UAV, NAL/li>
- Mr. Madan, Squadron Leader, Indian Air Force/li>
- Mr. Chakaravarthi, NDT Analyst Pratt & Whitney, Singapore/li>
- Mr. Dhinesh Karthick R, Managing Director, Adler Aerospace/li>
- Mr. Parthasarathy, Divisional Head, AIRBUS, UK./li>
- Mr Dinesh, scientist, ISRO/li>
- Mr.Gaurav Jain, Continuing Airworthiness Executive Officer TransMaldivian Airways, Maldives/li>
- Mr. Manu Jayakumar, Training Manager Jet Airways, Mumbai./li>
- Mr. B. Karthick, Executive Director, Aarshadhaatu Green Nanotechnologies India Pvt Ltd/li>
- Mr. Shihas Nazer Manhammattil, Gas Turbine Engineer, UAE, Taweelah Asia Power Company/li>
- Mr. Chibi Chakaravarthy, QA Engineer, Pratt &Whitney/li>
- Mr. Deepak Paul, Project Engineer, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft/li>
- Mr. Jeevan Joseph, Business Development Director, Zoho Corporation, Chennai./li>
Collaborations with Foreign Universities: The Department has collaborations with various universities and institutions in terms of Student Exchange, Joint Conferences, Faculty visits, Training and higher studies. Moscow Aviation Institute, Cranfield University, University Of Alabama, The Ministry Of Defense Rwanda, Wichita State University, Institute Polytechnique Des Sciences Avancées, University Of Technology Berlin, Korea Aerospace University. Twinning Program - Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT), Australia.Semester Exchange - Le Tourneau University, Texas, USand Ecole Nationale de L’Aviation Civile (ENAC), France.
Visit https://hindustanuniv.ac.in/be_aeronautical_engineering.php for more information