International Students Admission
International Students Admission
Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science welcomes applications for admission from students all over the world. Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science is an excellent place for you to study and realize your academic and personal goals.
International Scholarship Schemes
Study in India Scholarships
- The Study In India (SII) Scholarship programme is a flagship project introduced by the Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India.
- The Study in India programme seeks to endorse India as a prime education hub for international students by inviting them to pursue their higher education in India.
Indian Council For Cultural Relations Scholarship
- Indian Council for Cultural Relations administers various scholarship programs annually and awards about 3000+ scholarships under 21 different schemes to foreign students from about 180 countries.
- Amongst these 21 schemes, six are funded by ICCR from its grant and others are administered on behalf of MEA and Ministry of Ayush.
- The courses offered for studies are for Under-graduation, Post-graduation and Ph.D. levels.
- Each academic year, ICCR has about 6000+ of its foreign scholars who are studying at various Central/State Universities, Institutes, NITs, and Agricultural Institutions etc.
- Around 3000 scholarships/seats are provided every year by Government of India through the Embassy of India, Kathmandu, to Nepali nationals for undergoing various courses at the level of Ph.D/Masters, Bachelors for study in India.
AICTE-MITACS GLOBALINK RESEARCH INTERNSHIP (GRI) SCHEME
- Scheme to foster cross-border partnerships focussed on creating a platform that opens the path for collaborative research between Canada and India to a wider pool of student talent in India
How to apply?
Prospective international students or non-resident Indians aspiring to pursue their undergraduate, postgraduate, or PhD programs at the Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science are required to submit their applications via the online portal. In addition to the required documentation, applicants are also required to pay the prescribed application fee for due consideration of their candidacy.
Admission Procedure for International Students
To commence the application process, interested individuals are requested to visit the official website at
https://admission.nopaperforms.com/hindustan-institute-of-technology-science-chennai/international-form proceed with the registration using a valid email ID. Once the email verification is successfully completed, applicants will gain access to the online application portal. It is important to note that there is a non-refundable application fee of 200 US dollars, which must be paid online at the time of submission.
Complete the Application Form
- Fill up the application carefully providing all details.
- There are seven steps and candidate will need to fill all details in one step in order to navigate to next step.
- Candidates whose results are generally released not before June may send the term results duly endorsed by the head of their school.
- The candidate is expected to send the marks to the university as soon as it is available to ascertain the eligibility.
- The admission will be considered only if the marks are made available to the university within the stipulated date.
- If the marks sheets of the qualifying examination are not submitted within the stipulated date, HITS cannot be held responsible for Admission.
Attach/Upload the Documents
Attach/Upload the following Documents
- 10th and 12th / Bachelor / Master’s degree certificate along with marks sheet/transcript. Both front and back sides of the mark sheet are to be copied and sent in order to get additional information about the grade equivalence, passing requirements etc.
- If the content in the marks sheet is not in English, then the certified English translated version must also be submitted in addition to the native language certificate.
- In case the results have not been released, then the predicted marks/grades or the term result of the qualifying examination must be submitted.
- Proof of NRI status of the student
- Copy of the passport of the applicant (personal details page) and passport photo to be uploaded.
Kindly ensure your file size does not exceed 5MB and is in specified format for it to be accepted for upload.
Manual Document Submission
Applicants who want to manually process application must submit the hard copy of the e-filled application along with necessary documents and proof of payment to
Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science
1, Rajiv Gandhi Salai (OMR), Padur, Chennai,
Phone: +91-44-2747 4262 Extn: 169
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
On receipt of the completed application along with the prescribed application fee, an application number will be allotted and emailed to the applicant.
We may request for additional or missing information, if any.
Please quote the application number in all your correspondences related to admissions.
If the eligibility requirements for the program applied for have been found to be satisfied, then parent/studentwill be intimated of the provisional admission.
It is very important that the students who have submitted the predicted / forecasted/ term results must submit the actual marks / grade sheet of the qualifying examination as soon as it is available and has to meet the eligibility requirements for the program.
The tuition, hostel/ accommodation, transport and other applicable fees must be paid in US Dollars/INR within 10 days from the date of intimation of provisional admission Fees remitted must be exclusive of bank charges.
Immediately after effecting payment transaction, fill up all details in the "DETAILS OF THE ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFER" form, scan and send it to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org email or produce copy of transaction to accounts department.
This is mandatory and very important to effect proper and timely credit.
Once the full fees for the first year are received and credited into our account, and on receipt of final mark sheets and all other mandatory documents, the letter of confirmed admission will be issued.
Please note that the fee has to be paid within the stipulated date and the admission will be confirmed on "Merit-cum-First Come First Serve" basis. Failure to pay the full tuition fees will automatically deprive the applicant of the admission opportunity and the university reserves the right to admit other eligible applicants without further notice.
The confirmed admission letter may be used by foreign students to apply for student visa, ticketing, insurance and others.
Security Registration is a part of the normal mandatory process.
- On arrival the student has to register his/ her name with the police in the Foreigner's Registration Office (FRO) / Foreigner's Regional Registration Office (FRRO).
- The time frame may vary from 24 hours to 12 days of arrival depending on the country of origin.
- A student with a PIO card also must register at the FRRO.
- Only OCI card holders need not register.
- University would provide necessary assistance for security registration.
- The applicable immigration processing fees and other related expenses have to be additionally borne by the student.
Pre-enrolment is the process of verifying the original certificates and obtaining declarations from the parents/student, on arrival to the campus.
The university will send a separate communication detailing the procedure for pre-enrollment, commencement of classes and other information necessary for completing the admission formalities.
Students are advised to reach university for the open dayto complete the admission formalities. Following documents in original are to be submitted at the time of registration:
- 10th and 12thor Pass certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Grade/mark sheet of the qualifying examination.
- Translated versions of all documents, if they are not in English.
- Copy of Passport with a valid student visa (Original will be returned after verification)
- Migration Certificate (If applicable)
- Recent Passport-size photographs - 15 Nos. (May be required at different departments)
- At the time of admission you may be required to pay, wherever applicable.
Only after the admission formalities are completed, will the student be permitted to move into the allotted hostels.
Every candidate needs to undergo a medical examination in any reputed hospital and the report to be submitted to the Office of the International Affairs to complete registration formalities.