A FIVE-DAY WORKSHOP ON RESEARCH INSIGHTS WORKSHOP | Event Date: Monday, 22nd, August 2022 -Friday, 26th, August 2022
A Five-day Workshop on “Research Insights” was held between 22 August 2022 and 26 August 2022 at HITS. The workshop was jointly organized by Dr. Sherine Joy, Head, Dr. K.C. G. Verghese Higher Education Leadership Management Centre and Dr. J.M.Mathana, Dean Research, Centre for Research and Consultancy. Inaugural session was held on 22 August 2022,
Dr. J. M. Mathana, Dean Research welcomed the dignitaries and participants. She briefed the objectives of the workshop. Dr. Nandakumar, Director Research, HITS explained the importance of scholars attending the workshop and improving the quality of research and publishing in reputed scopus indexed journals. The importance of citations, H index was also reiterated and this would increase the visibility of the institution and improve the rankings.
Dr. Sherine Joy, Head Languages & HELM Centre presented an overview of the five-day workshop where the sessions deal with:
- Importance and Implication of Research, by Dr. S.N. Sridhara, Vice Chancellor, HITS.
- Can Research be a Panacea to Meet Global Needs? by Dr. J. W. Alexander Jesudasan, Pro Vice Chancellor, HITS
- Research Based Learning, Dr. J.M. Mathana, Dean Research, HITS
- Art of Writing Quality Research Article/Paper/Reviews by Dr. Sakthidasan, Professor, ECE Department
- Research Problem, Literature Review and Survey, by Dr. Prem Shankar Pandey, Assistant Professor (SG, Dept. Of Languages)
- IPR & Patents, Dr. T. Sudalai Muthu, Professor & IQAC Head
- Types of Research (Qualitative and Quantitative Research), Dr. T. Sivapriya, Head, I/C Food Technology
- Use of MATLAB Graphs by V. Sherlin Solomi, Asst. Prof.(SG), ECE
- Presentation Skills by Dr. M.K. Badrinarayanan, HOD SOM
- Online Evaluation and Feedback session by Dr. A. Sherine Joy, Head Languages & HELM Centre.
The workshop was attended by more than 150 including full time Ph.D. research scholars, PG final year students and faculty members. The sessions by all the resource persons emphasised on Research Based Learning and also encouraged the students to write research articles in their UG programmes.
Five days workshop concluded with a Valedictory Function on 26 August 2022. The Chief Guest was Dr. Balaji Ganesh, Dean Research, Velammal Engineering College, Chennai. Dr. Balaji Ganesh, delivered a lecture on Intellectual Property rights and how to commercialise intellectual property rights for the benefit of individuals, institutions and organisations. He also guided the participants on how to file the patents. The event ended with a Vote of Thanks proposed by Dr. Prem Shankar Pandey, AP, SG, Languages Dept.