B.Sc. - VISUAL COMMUNICATION
B.Sc. - VISUAL COMMUNICATION | HITS
- About the Programme
- Vision & Mission
- Our Faculty
- Ph.D – Programme
- Curriculum and Syllabus
- Career Prospect / Scope
About the Programme
As the world moves further into technology-based communication, it is important for professionals to understand the approaches and techniques by which content is designed and displayed. A degree in Visual Communications can provide you with the skills to do just that. Students participating in this degree will learn how to work with the technology used in both digital and print publication, while also studying theories and practices of visual communication. Programme in this degree will range from traditional typography to digital design. A degree in Visual Communications can lead to careers as communication manager; graphics design manager, marketer, and design artists and illustrators, among others. The Visual Communication Design programme educates and trains designers for the communication needs of industry and society. Emphasis is placed on the conception, creation, planning and realization of visual solutions to complex problems in contemporary culture. Students integrate methodology, prototyping, aesthetics, human factors, technology, materials, context and audience to develop strategies and solutions that give form to print, screen and the built environment.
Uniqueness of the Programme
- State-of-the-art facilities: Television studio, Sound Recording Theatre, Edit suite, Drawing Studio, Photography Studio, Multimedia lab
- Hands-on experience through Live projects, workshops, and internships
- The students stay connected with industry throughout the course
- Outcome Based Curriculum
- International Opportunity
- International Internship
- Semester Exchange Program
- Any group in HSC with 60% of Marks
Duration : 3 Years(Full Time)
Admission open for the academic year 2022 - 2023
To encourage students to realize their creative potential and sharpen their skills in the field of media. The department aims at producing culture-conscious, development oriented, socially responsible and committed media professionals
- To make students to work responsibly, creatively, and ethically as an individual or as a member or a leader of a team in all media related multidisciplinary environments.
- To inculcate students to obtain effective communication skills, leadership quality, team spirit and creative skills to succeed in their professional careers
- Provide value-based education to the students which address the social needs.
- Establish industrial interaction to improve the employability skills as well as the technical skills of students and the ability to solve complex technological problems in real time.
|1||Dr. V. Senapathi||Professor|
|2||Dr. T. Nirmala||Associate Professor|
|3||Mr.P. Ayyappan||Asst. Professor (SG)|
|4||Mr. A. Niaz Ahmed||Asst. Professor (SS)|
|5||Ms. Nelvi Alan David||Asst. Professor (SG)|
|6||Mr.R. Mohan Kumar||Asst. Professor|
|7||Mr. Ajai Titaus||Adjunct faculty Industry Expert|
Ph.D – Programme
The Department is offering Ph.D. full time and part time in media studies.
Curriculum and Syllabus
Career Prospect / Scope
- Programme producer in Television Industry
- Film Director & Television Programme Director
- Journalist (Print & Electronic media)
- Ad/Documentary Film Maker
- Audio & Video Editor
- News and Television Programme Anchor
- Radio Jockey
- Animator (2D & 3D)
- Graphic Designer
- Web Designer (Interactive and Non-interactive)
The Department of visual communication, SLAAS inaugurated audio studio Sound Works on 17, December 2021. The studio is equipped with a state-of-the-art facility which consists of a live room equipped with microphones and mic stands and a console room equipped with a Yamaha TFI mixing console and audio recording software.
The studio is also equipped with various musical instruments such as keyboard, drums, miruthangam, and guitars for the practice of the students.P.W.C. Davidar, retired IAS officer, Advisor (TNeGA), Mr. Darbuka Siva Music Director, and Mr. Sameer Bharath Ram, CEO of Sameer Ventures were the chief guests for the inaugural function. P.W.C. Davidar unveiled the name board and the studio was opened by a ribbon-cutting by Darbuka Siva.
The HITS students band named “BAND EX” & “POORVANG” performed musical programs. The songs of Darbuka Siva were performed by students from various departments. “Maruvarthai Pesathae’ sang by Akshaya of I year B.Des and ‘Visiri’ sang by Srikeath of 2 year B. Tech (Aerospace). A Solo ‘Miruthangam’ performance by Abishek of B.Tech CSE and Mash-up sang by Akshaya and Hridaya Jain of B. Des accompanied by Band Ex members and Mr.C.Santhosh - Music Instructor.
Students had an interactive session with the Music director Darbuka Siva. He shared his experience. Akshaya (vocalist) asked about how the song ‘Maruvarthai’ was constructed and was a raga-based composition and another student Alwin asked about the track separations of the song ‘Maruvarthai’. Mr. Niaz Ahmed Assistant professor (Viscom) appreciated the acting skills of Darbuka Siva in the movie “Rajathanthiram” and asked about future projects. Mr. Mohan Kumar, Assistant Professor (Viscom) presented the chief guests with a portrait sketch created by him. Later the session concluded with a vote of thanks.