Welcome to Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science
HINDUSTAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY & SCIENCE (HITS),is a leading prestigious and recognized institution in India, located at Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Commenced in 1985, it offers a wide spectrum of Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, Research & Doctoral Programmes in diverse fields of Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Management, Law, Fashion Design Aviation, Applied Sciences, Allied Sciences, and Arts and Sciences. HITS is recognised as Deemed to be University by UGC in 2008 and received Category-II status from MHRD which empowers HITS with Academic Autonomy. The technical courses at UG and PG levels are approved by AICTE. NBA has certified five undergraduate programmes offered by Aeronautical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering under Tier 1 category. HITS is a part of the most illustrious Hindustan Group of Institutions which caters to the academic needs of over 15,000 students.
HITS is acclaimed with several notable accolades and rankings across the globe.Times Higher Education (THE) Sustainable Development Goals Impact Rankings 2022 HITS achieved ank 101-200 in SDG6 - Clean water and sanitation, SDG 7 - Rank 401-600 for University measures towards affordable and clean energy, SDG12 - 33rd Rank in Responsible Consumption and Production and SDG17 - 401-600 in Partnership for Goals in Education. QS World University Rankings – Asia 2022 has rated an overall rank 600-650 band. QS ELEAD Certification for HITS pertaining to Learning Excellence in Academic Digitisation.
NIRF rated HITS Engineering #172; India Today has ranked #49 in Engineering Category, #17 in Architecture category. EXCELLENT BAND under the Private Universities Category among 3551 Higher Education Institutions in India by ARIIA (Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements) Ranking 2021.Times Engineering Rankings Survey 2021, HITS emerged as one of top Private Engineering Institute in Tamil Nadu and ranked 3rd position in overall category. The Department of Aeronautical Engineering, HITS achieved excellence among all engineering institutions in Tamil Nadu. Times of India has ranked HITS #17 among top private institutes (Placement) All India, #18 Top Engineering Institutions All India. In the Education World Magazine Rankings survey 2021, HITS features in the top 10 institutions in India and is ranked 5th position in Tamil Nadu. India Today Rankings HITS ranked 49 and the School of Planning, Architecture & Design Excellence, (SPADE) ranked 17 in the India Today Rankings 2021.
Towering as a portal of learning, HITS is aesthetically landscaped to house 8 Academic Blocks, 14 Centres of Excellence for Research, state-of-the-art Workshops and Laboratories. The learning community comprises students from several foreign countries besides those from India. HITS has curved a niche for itself through established global collaborations with Institutes and Industries to promote Faculty & Student Exchange Programmes, Joint Research, Consultancy Projects, Conferences, and Guest Lectures. HITS has been awarded many Patents, Funded Research Projects from leading organizations like Department of Science and Technology (DST), Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Naval Research Board (NRB), and many others. With the noble vision of the Founder-Chairman, Late Dr. K.C.G. Verghese, “To Make Every Man a Success and No Man a Failure”, Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science chisels its learners with a competitive spirit to face the future.
- Above 75% Annual Placement Conversion
- Encouragement of student's innovative talents and spirits through the Hindustan Technology Business Incubator (HTBI) and the Hindustan Entrepreneurship and Innovation Centre (HEIC)
- Alumni Network
- Sponsorship to attend seminars/conferences (national and international)
- Highly qualified faculty with industry and academic experience
- Access to state-of-the-art laboratories and workshops
- Exchanges of students and faculty, as well as advanced studies
- Meritorious and athletic students can apply for scholarships
- MOUs with leading industries and institutions in India and abroad
- Excellent library facility with complete digital access to online databases like SCOPUS, IEEE, Springer, Science Direct, Nature, etc.
- An opportunity to be involved in various research centers and projects on campus
- Regular Industrial Visits & Internship to execute projects at national and international industries/institutions
- Adherence to Bloom's Taxonomy and Outcome-Based Education (OBE) Practices
- Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) allows students to select the subjects and teachers they want to study