- Jhatayu touted as Asia’s First “Flying Bike” invented by the student start up team of 33 members from School of Aeronautical Sciences got placed in India Book of Records (2019).
- Mr. Hari Krishnan KJ, Mr. Amarnath P, Mr. Giri Prasad T. Mr. Sudhi G. of 1st year got awarded by The India Book of Records for Jaihind 1S, the lightest satellite built using 3D printed Nylon polymer and weighing just 33.39 gms.
- STALWARTZ Racing Team bagged 3rd place in the FMAE from 1st to 5th August 2018 at Hyderabad.
- STALWARTZ eRACING team secured 2nd place in the FMAE eBAJA from 1st to 5th August 2018 at Hyderabad.
- Mr. S. Naveen won IET CLN & YP Leadership of the Year 2018 award for organizing IET events.
- Ms. S. Priyadharshini bagged II prize for Poster presentation in International Conference on Recent Advances in Food Processing Technology (iCRAFPT’18) organized by IIFPT, Thanjavur between August 17 and 19, 2018.
- Ms. Namya C. and Mr. VajjaUtham participated in the Indian Youth Parliament (Himalayan Region) on 21st June 2018 at LehLadakh, Jammu & Kashmir.
- Mr. Mugundhan R won I prize for the paper “Bulk Heterojunction Organic Photovoltaic Cells Attained by GO/ PEDOT: PSS AS HTL” at Extract 2k18 on 26 September 2018.
- Mr. JaganKarthik G, Mr. Arivarasu D R, and Mr. Surya R, got II prize in Phenochem ’18 for the paper “Biogas Production from Textile Effluent” during 20 September 2018.
- Mr. Mukesh Sai Kumar won I prize in three events, namely, Code Race in NEMESIS'18; Technical Quiz and Hack Your Way in Xenioz 2k18; and 3rd prize in Mind Surfers in INCOGNITO 2K18.
- Mr. TrivikramMuralidharan, 4th year got 1st place in Data Mining and Business Intelligence for Cybersecurity Applications Programme(ICSML) conducted by Ben-Gurion University of the Negev. He also obtained Best Idea Award in a national event, VCE’s YAH Hackathon.
- Ms. Madhura G. Joshi, 3rd year, bagged Young Speaker Award at Google developer Fest'18, DEVFEST.
- Mr. R Ajay, 3rd year completed “32 hours of Python and Django Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp” online course; and NPTEL programme on “Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms Using Python.”
- Mr. Hemanth Kumar got 2nd prize in COGNIT'18.
- Open Mic 2018 was organized on 19th September, 2018 with YOLO (You Live Only Once) as theme. Around 60 students participated under various competitions such as Stand Up Comedy, Public Speaking, Improv/Monologue and Poetry/Singing. Ms. Poornima, 1st BBA, Tharika, 1st B.Tech Aerospace, Mr. Sai Manoj, 1st B.Tech. Automobile bagged prizes in Stand Up Comedy, Public Speaking, and Improv respectively.
- Ms. K. Shalini and Mr. Sachin Kamal, 2nd year, CSE and Mr. D. Kumar, 2nd year, CSE and Mr. Godwin Louie, 1st year Mechatronics were the winners and runners of Mini Scrabble Tournament conducted on 23rd August 2018.
- Mr. Akhil Nair, 1st year, Aerospace and Ms. Udhaya Shree, 1st year, Biotechnology, and Ms. Bhumika Sharma 4th year, Biotechnology and Mr. Mitesh Sanjay Jalan I year, CSE were the winners and runners of Debate conducted on 21st August 2018.
- Ms. G. Priyanka, got III prize in Ragavendra Tournament conducted at Sri Ragavendra College
- Second year student team comprising Kanishk Jhonson, Bipin, Deepak Kumar, Hari Om and three more students won “India’s Biggest Bottle Rocket Challenge” competition held at Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan College of Engineering and Technology in association with IAAA on 15th October 2017 towards the celebration of late Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’s 86th birthday. Their rocket was awarded by “India Book of Records.”
- Final year student team “Kalam Sat” comprising Mr. TanishqDwivedi (Flight Engineer), Mr. Vinay S. Bharadwaj (Design Engineer), Mr. Yagna Sai (Lead Technician) and Mr. Mohammed Abdul Kashif (Lead Engineer) was awarded by AeSI Chennai branch on 4th August 2017 for their achievement in building World’s Lightest Satellite.
- Mr. PallaLokesh, Automobile Engineering received student of the year 2016-17 from SAE International President Dr. Douglas.
- Mr. ArunPrabu NC, Mr. Mohamed Jabier U, Mr. Salman Khan, Mr. Sree Krishnan SM participated the Formula SAE Lincoln competition at Lincoln Park, NE, USA from 18th June to 28thJuly2017.
- The Team YODHA RACING participated SUPRA SAE INDIA 2017 at BIC, Greater Noida, U.P. from June 26th to July1st2017.
- Team YodhaRacing-FMAEKarimotorspeedway2017 Professional Competition-Overall Champion, Best Endurance, Fuel Economy-2017 in the month of October 2017.
- Mr. SalihArshad A., 2nd Sem. M.Tech., Automobile Engineering won Best Paper Award in the 3rd National Conference in NCETIME 2017.
- Team Yodha won Overall Championship in FFS 2017 organised by Fraternity of Mechanical and Automotive Engineers (FMAE).
- Two Teams “STALWARTZ” participated in mBAJA &eBAJA engineering students competition conducted by SAE INDIA at Pithampur, Madhya Pradesh from 25th to 28th January, 2018.
- Mr. K. Preetham Reddy, Ms. S. Priyadarshini, 2nd year, Biotechnology won 2nd prize in Poster presentation at the National Conference INNOV AVIT– 2018.
- Mr. Samrat Mark & Ms. S. Priyadarshini, 2ndyear, Biotechnology won 1st prize in National Conference BIOFLUX at SRM University.
- Mr. V. Utham, Mr. Ginith and Mr. Mohan Babu attended a 2-day workshop on Aspen Plus at NIT, Trichy.
- Mr. Samrat Mark, 2nd year, Biotechnology won 1st prize in Industrial troubleshooting at the National Conference INNOVAVIT– 2018.
- Mr. R. Mugunthan, 3rd year, Chemical Engineeering has won the Best Paper Award at the National conference POLYMERA 2018 at Anna University, Chennai.
- Mr.R.Mugunthan, 3rd year, Chemical Engineeering has won the 2nd prize in paper presentation at the National conference MACRON 2018 at Crescent University, Chennai.
- Mr. FazilRazak, 4th year, Chemical Engineering won High Commendation in the Simulation of the Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve as the Representative of the United States of America.
- Mr.Venugopal, Mr. Rohith and Mr. K. Deepak 4th year, Chemical Engineering students have undergone a prestigious internship at BIOCON, Bangalore.
- Ms. Prathiksha Srivastava of 4th year, Chemical Engineering underwent an industrial internship at Asian Pharmaceuticals, Nepal.
- Mr. FazilRazak of 4th year, Chemical Engineering was awarded with a fellowship at UPES Dehradun under theIAS fellowship scheme.
- Mr. Mugunthan of 3th year, Chemical Engineering underwent a fellowship at IIT, Guwahati under the IAS fellowship scheme.
- NasimAlam, 4th year won the class topper award constituted by HCE` 92 Batch Annual Awards on 5thAugust 2017.
- Mr. Raghav Shankar, 2nd year, CSE went for the Semester Exchange Programme in Dongukk University, South Korea from January 2018 to April 2018
- Mr. Mohammed Mozamand and Ms. PrathibaSharma, 3rd year, CSE went for the Semester exchange programme in YTU, Turkey from January 2018 to April 2018.
- Mr. Pankaj Kumar and Mr. Harsha, 4th year won I prize in poster presentation competition held as part of IET On-Campus Test held at SRM University, Chennai on 7th September 2017.
- Pipemaintenance Robot-A project done by Tejas Gujrati, Priyajaiswal, ShubamMukerjee, 3rd year students was selected for finals of PAls innovation challenge
- Mr. Timothy Ivan E, 3rd year student received the Best Implementation award (Autotuner– Building a device which will tune stringed instruments (Guitar) for HTBI–Hindustan Innovation Challenge2016-2017
- Mr. TejasGujrati, 2nd year presented a paper titled”Optimization of Smart Grids and Homes Smart and Easy Way to Select the Best” in a technical presentation at 11th International Conference on Advances in Engineering and Technology held at Yilditz Technical University, Turkey. Also the paper was selected as the best session paper.
- Mr. Tejas Gujarati, has been selected for the International award by Thai Embassy, Thai Airways and School of Renewable Energy Technology (SERT), NaresuanUniversity, Thailand for his NIPM (Nuclear Industry Pipes Maintenance) Robot & other projects, accolades and academic performance. He has been awarded an Internshipin Naresuan University Thailand with free air fare along with boarding in University of Thailand.
- Mr. Pavan Kumar Reddy Nalladhimmu has presented a paper titled Next Generation Electric Bike in International Conference on Power Control Signals and Instrumentation Engineering- ICPCSI-2017.
- Mr. Pavan Kumar Reddy Nalladhimmu has participated in BAJASAEIndia 2017 at NATRIX facility of NATRiP, Pithambur, Madhya Pradesh.
- Mr. Pavan Kumar Reddy Nalladhimmu has participated in AMT Motocrop E-Bike Racing Challenge 2017 as captain for Electrical Design team. The team won 3rd place in static events. FASHION, DESIGN AND ARTS
- Ms. IrineBabu, Mr. ShaikNayeem, Ms. MahalakshmiRavikumar, Ms. Prisca Ebulus, Ms. Rashmi, Ms. Lakshmi Sivagami of 1st year, B.Sc. Fashion Design along with Dr.AfroseFathima, HoD, FDA participated as members of Mother India Crochet Queen (MICQ) and achieved Guinness World Record for the World’s Longest Crochet Scarf measuring14.09 km at NMN Jain College on 21st May 2017.
- Mr. Sheik Nayeem of 2nd year, B.Sc. Fashion Designs participated as members of Mother India Crochet Queen (MICQ) and achieved his Second Guinness World Record for the World’s Largest Display of Crochet Sculpture at SRM College on 21st January 2018.
- Mr. Naveen, Ms. Sruthi and Mr. Basha, 2ndyear, received the first prize under the Innovation Category during the GyanDisha Project Expo Competition on 8 May2018, at HITS.
- Ms. Poornima and Mr. Neha Priya, 4th year have received the second prize under the Best Project Category in School of Computing Sciences during the GyanDisha Project Expo Competition on 8 May2018, at HITS.
- Mr. R. Jayaprakash, 3rd year, completed internship in Infoview Solutions, Chennai during the period July’17 to November’17.
- Mr. C.R. Rishi Swethan, 3rd year, won runner title in SAP Pragyan Hackathon of NIT Trichy on 16th&17th December 2017.
- Ms. Amanda Maureen Mathias, 3rd year, completed internship in SANDS, Chennai during the period 27th November’17 to11th December’17.
- Ms. Amanda Maureen Mathias, 3rd year, completed online crash course on Javaplat form during the period 24th December’17 to 8th February’17.
- Ms. MuskanMakhija, 3rd year, completed internship in SANDS, Chennai during the period 27th November’17 to 11th December’17.
- Mr. Aman Rai completed internship in SANDS, Chennai during the period 27th November’17 to 11th December’17.
- Mr. R. Sundaram, 3rd year, completed internship in SANDS, Chennai during the period 27th November’17 to 11th December’17.
- Ms. MuskanMakhija, 3rd year, completed internship in CHIPS, Chattisgarh during the period 29th December’17 to 16th January’18.
- Students participated in the drama competition at Vaishnav college and won the Best Actor and Best Actress awards. Ms. AthmaDharshana, Assistant Professor was thecoordinator.
- Students participated in the World Theatre Day competition and won prizes for the standup comedy and interlude. Ms. Sonu Joseph and Ms. Athma, Assistant Professors were the coordinators.
- 1st prize for stand-up comedy was bagged by Abhiram P, 2nd prize by Lauxley Pandian, first year CSE, 3rd prize by Abhishek. The monologue session proved to be thought provoking students were at their best bringing to the fore emotional pieces that were portrayed in an exemplary manner. 1st prize was bagged by Lykha, final year EIE, 2nd prize by Kaushik, 1st year Aero, and 3rd prize by Tejasv. Mr. Nivash, HR, CreaSakthi Theatre Group judged both the events.
- Students participated in the debate held at British Council in commemoration with theWomen’s day celebration. Mr. Robert Divine, Assistant Professor was the coordinator
- Mr. Lauxley, Kaushi and Niranjana participated in the Elihu Debate event conducted by the US Consulate, Chennai. Ms. Sonu Joseph, Assistant Professor was the coordinator
- MulpuriNamratha& P. Siva Surya Narayanan secured third and fifth prizes respectively in the 49th annual contest (National Mathematics Talent Contest-NMTC) of the Association of Mathematics Teachers of India (AMTI) for the academic year 2017-2018 was conducted on 28th October 2017.
- Ms. SnehaKarunakaran, B.Com. (General) 2nd year, got selected for the Crossroads Summer Programme, Harvard University, and Dubai.
- Praveen, 3rd BBA, has successfully completed the Student Exchange Programme from SIAS University, China.
- Ms. Rithika Sing 1st BBA, is selected for Student Exchange Programme in Donguk University, Korea.
- Mr. GuruPrakash, Mr. Adithya and Ms. Arudhra, 1st BBA have won National level championship in Archery.
- BBA, B.Com and MBA students participated in Sweden Education Day–Special Lecture and interaction on 10th June 2017.
- 46 students from BBA, B.Com and MBA have interactedwith Alumni Entrepreneurs on 4th August 2017.
- Aswath Subramanian, 2nd year BBA, participated KavinCare–MMA-Chinnikrishnan Innovation award on 6th September 2017.
- BBA, B.Com and MBA students participated in Guest Lecture by Dr. Shiga, Professor in Mechanical Engineering, Gunma University, Japan on 11th September 2017.
- Jai Shankar and Anjana, BBA Students have been selected to assist as volunteer in Annual MMA Conclave held on 22nd November 2017.
- AnjanaJayalakshmi, 2nd BBA student served as volunteer in organizing “TIE-"Project in a Box"organized by HTBI on 13th February2018.
- BBA, B.Com and MBA students participated in Guest Lecture on “Technology and Innovation for Development”- by Dr.Sourabh Arora, University of Sussex, UK on 27th March 2018.
- BBA, B.Com and MBA students participated in Guest Lecture by Mr. Satheesh Jacob, Executive Director, Business Strategy and Excellence, Excel Gateway Ltd. United Kingdom on 19th December 2017.
- G. Monisha, 1st year MBA-Sports Management, actively participated in PALS7 innoWAH! Innovation ChallengeCompetition& Exhibition on the innoWAH!, ICSR Building, IIT Madras Campus on 1stMarch 2018.
- Aswath Subramanian, 2nd year BBA, participated in PM YuvaYojana E-Leader Workshop, on 22nd and 23rd March 2018.
- Dharana, 1st year BBA, participated in IITM'ESUMMIT 2018 on 14th and 15thApril 2018.
- Suriya, 1st B.Comhavewon First prize in Dance Competition, Yarona 2018.
- 32 Students from BBA, B.Com and MBA activity Participated in E WEEK 2018.
- Irfan, 1st MBA (Hospitality) was invited to meet Hon’ble Governor of Tamil Nadu on 7th April 2018 to express thoughts & ideas on development of Tourism in Tamil Nadu.
- Guru Prakash, Adithya and Arudhra, 1st BBA have launched SenbornSakuraan online fashion accessories store on Facebook.
- Mr. Tejashwi Krishna, 4th year has participated in a summer programme “Sunshine”organized by AISEC-Russia for Business Technology, during 10th July 2017 to 14th August 2017.
- Mr. A. VadakasiEaswaran, Mr. S. Syed Anwar, Mr. H. Vishal, Mr. S. Vaikunth Srinivas, had undergone internship training programme at M/s.Hi-Esteem Pressings and Fabrications, Chennai, from 24th June 2017 to 08thJuly2017.
- Mr.V. Tejaswar Reddy, Mr. Jashwanthdala, 3rd year had undergone internship training programme at M/s. TVS Sundaram Motors, Chennai, from 15th June 2017 to 23rd June 2017.
- Mr.V.Balaji, C. Dhanush, 3rd year had undergone internship training programme at M/s. Ashok Leyland, Chennai, from 21st June 2017 to 24th June 2017.
- The Air Wing NCC Cadets of Hindustan actively participated in all the competitions held in NCC and in All India Vayu Sainik Camp – Inter Group Competition won team trophies and individual medals in Flying, Aero-modelling, Firing, Skeet Shooting, Tent pitching, Health & Hygiene & Drill.
- HITS cadet was adjudged India's Best Pilot NCC In AIVSC2015 , held at Jodhpur, Cadets of HITS won the "Second Best Air NCC Directorate in India out of 16 NCC Directorates. R.Anil 3rd year, Aero, won the Best Cadet 2015 award. K.Keerthanaa 2nd year Aero, won second Best Girl Cadet in 2015. R.Anil 3rd year Aero, won the Best Pilot NCC 2015 award in AIVSC2015. K.Keerthanaa 2nd year Aero, won Bronze medal in AIVSC2015
STUDENT INNOVATORS AWARDED IN HINDUSTAN INNOVATION CHALLENGE 2015
The Hindustan Innovation Challenge - Innovate2Win is an initiative to inspire the students use creativity, enabling them to form multidisciplinary teams. About 500 student innovators came together as 126 teams and participated in the contest. After 8 rigorous rounds of selections, 34 teams were evaluated on September 25, 2015 at the grand finale by 13 eminent members from different corporates. The Best Project, Best Design, Best Social Impact, Best Problem Addressed, Best Business Potential, Encouragement Award, Best Poster, Best Video, People's Choice - Video / Poster, Sociopreneur Award, Best Department, Best Faculty Mentor, Internal Jury and Best Supporting Faculty were awarded with trophies and certificates by Dr.Elizabeth Verghese, Chancellor, HITS along with a galaxy of corporate veterans at the grand awards ceremony on October 15, 2015 as a tribute to Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam on his birthday.
|S.No.||Award Category||Winners||Department/Year||Innovative Idea|
|1||Best Project Award||Kiran Thomas Varghese
|Mechatronics / III
|Health Monitoring System with Wireless Alarm|
|2||Best Design Award||S.Shaveenraj
/ First Year
|Engine Heat Recycler|
|3||Best Social Impact Award||Harsh Sharma||Aerospace / II Year||Women Aura - Watch with Mobile App|
|4||Best Problem Addressed Award||Anirudha Bhattacharjee
Gaurav Agarwal Swetangini Gupta
|ECE - III Year||Charge Transfer|
|5||Best Business Potential Award||R.Srinivasan
A.Sam Reswin Raj
|Water - Gas Shift Reaction based Vehicle Emission Control System|
/ First Year
|Removal of Oil Slicks|
Pallab Taru Majumdar
|EIE / II nd Year||Solar Panels Automatic Cleaning Robot|
|Thomas George Parackal
M Cerline Nancy
|Civil / IIIrd Year||Downstream Energy|
/ First Year
Naveena Sikhakolli Abhishek Jaiswal
|CSE / II nd Year||Find me - Mobile App for locating bus|
/ First Year
|7||Best Poster||Sanjay Singh
|Smart Lamp from E-waste|
|8||Best Video||Thomas Cherian||CSE
/ First Year
|My College Hub|
|9||People's Choice - Video (based on Facebook likes & comments)||Makesh Kumar
|CSE / II nd Year||Find me - Mobile App for locating bus|
|10||People's Choice - Poster (based on Facebook likes & comments)||Anirudha Bhattacharjee
|ECE - III Year||Charge Transfer|
|11||Media's Choice||Vignesh K J
/ II nd Year
|Mobile Water Reclamator|
|12||Sociopreneur Award||Anirudha Bhattacharjee
|ECE - III Year||Charge Transfer|
|CSE / ECE
II nd Year
Mobile Home Control