B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
About the Programme
Mechanical Engineering is one of the pioneering departments in the University. It has its beginning along with the University in 1985.
It has been rated as No.1 department among all the engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu according to the survey conducted by "The Week" Magazine. It is approved as a "Research Centre for Collaborative Research with Anna University" for the award of PhD/M.S (by research) in year 2007. The department offers three PG Programs viz, M.E. (Computer Aided Design) started in the year 1997, M.E. (Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning) started in the year 2003 and M.E.(Thermal Engineering) in the year 2007. Research facilities are available in the areas of Mechanical Engineering Design, Dynamics and Vibration analysis, Mechatronics, Finite Element Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Internal Combustion Engines, Thermal Engineering, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Engineering. The programme assists our engineering students in developing competence and confidence in creative application of design process.
To excel in innovation and collaborative research, promoting technical and entrepreneurial skills.
The Mechanical Engineering program continuously strives,
- To provide a conducive academic environment with contemporary and innovative curricula imparting high quality education
- To offer state of the art laboratory infrastructure to enhance fundamental research
- To maintain an environment to work closely with industries to materialize collaborative and applied research
- To impart technical, managerial and lifelong learning skills, embedded with ethical values and social relevance.
Duration : 4 Years