M.Design Fashion Technology
- M.Design Fashion Technology
About the Course
This AICTE approved Master’s degree in Fashion Technology is designed to cater to the multi-disciplinary and dynamic nature of job profiles available that seek professionals who can work in a versatile environment. This two-year programme that is offered exclusively by HITS in Chennai, will offer knowledge and training about how to invent and create new designs for consumers. The course will help candidates understand the impact of technology on design and how to make these designs user-friendly.
Also, it enables in developing research skills, enhancing experimental practice, construction techniques, equipment and material, and portfolio skills on the candidate’s respective specialization in design.
The carrier opportunities of a planner includes various
- Modules based on Design Thinking.
- Modules on Strategic Management and Leadership Practices.
- Industry Experts delivering Lectures in every module.
- Blended Curriculum with Online, Offline learning modules
- Visits to Fashion and allied manufacturing units and marketing hubs to understand hands-on the craftsmanship.
- International Tour to Fashion Capitals.
- Regular Interaction and Tie-ups with Fashion Industry
- Internship and Placement
Graduates would be equipped to hold key positions in a large design, fashion or corporate houses in the areas of Design Thinking and Research, Craft Design, Special Needs, Publication & Graphics, Media Writing &Design, Lifestyle Products, User Experience & User-centred Design based on their area of specialization.
Social Sustainable Management, Designing for Special Needs, Craft Design for Communities, User Experience Design, Design Innovation Strategy, Consumer Insight Research, Retail Design, Pure Research, Design Criticism & Academics, Media Writing, Blogging, Curation in Culture and Design. Trend Forecasting for Design & Fashion Industry, Systems Design & Sustainable Design Practice and Forecasting are emerging careers.
Pass in any UG Degree with good Communication Skills, Computer Skill and Basic Knowledge on Fashion / Textiles / Design /Art/ Tailoring.
- First and Second Semester: Trends Research & Forecasting, Design for Sustainability, Design Thinking & Innovation and Design Research with few Fashion courses.
- Third Semester: Fashion Core Courses & Elective Specialization Papers
- Fourth Semester: Internship integrated Design Collection / Project
Duration : 2 Years ( Fulltime)