Specialization in Smart Grid and Electric Vehicle
- Specialization in Smart Grid and Electric Vehicle
About the Course
M. Tech. Program in Smart Grid and Electric Vehicle is intended to explore the above mentioned challenges and also initiate research activities. This program offers necessary theoretical background with a good blend of applied mathematics along with in depth coverage in analysis of power and energy systems. The core courses comprise sustainable, economic, efficient and reliable energy conversion, generation, transmission, distribution, storage and utilization of electric energy, including application of power electronics in power system operation and control.
A Pass in B.E. / B.Tech. (EEE / ECE / E&I / I&C/Electronics/Instrumentation)
Project work provides students with a number of techniques for design, development and modelling of electric vehicles and hybrid vehicles, E-Mobility policies business and marketing in India and abroad. The project work consists of two phases. Phase I which involves simulation of the circuits is completed during the third semester. In Phase II, implementation of the simulation using hardware circuits is done.
The following industries provide opportunities for placement of the graduates of this programme
- Government & Public Sector- NTPC, NHPC, KPCL, HPCL, BPCL, BHEL, BEL, BEML, HAL, Coal India, Railways, Indian Defense, EIL, IOCL, HPCL, BPCL, SAIL, Metro, etc.
- Power Generation Sector – Different types of Conventional Power Plants like Thermal Power, Hydro Power, Nuclear Power Plants , TATA Power, Adani Power, GMR Power, JSW Energy, Sterlite Energy, LANCO, etc.
- Renewable Energy Sector- Solar PV Plants, Wind Power Plants, Biogas, Biomass Plants and Fuel Cells. RE Power, Suzlon Energy, Siemens, Azure Power etc.
- Power Sector- Transmission Companies like PGCIL, KPTCL, APTRANSCO, and distribution companies like BESCOM , HESCOM, MESCOM, GESCOM, CESCOM, APSPDCL, APEPDCL, APCPDCL.
- Research Institutes - CPRI, ISRO, DRDO, NAL, NPTI, PRDC, Raman Research Institute, etc.
- Process Industries, Heavy, Medium & Small scale manufacturing Industries - TISCO, Schneider Electric, L&T, ABB, Kirloskar, GE, etc.
- IT Industries and Automation Industries – Companies like, TCS, Infosys, IBM, Wipro, HCL, HPE, GE Automation India, Rockwell Automation, Siemens India Ltd, Honeywell Automation, ABB India
- Electric Vehicles Sector- TATA Motors, KIA Electric, Mahindra, Kona Electric, etc.
- Entrepreneurship – Self Employed New Ventures, Own Enterprise which can be in the field of Renewable and Electric Mobility.
Duration : 2 Years