M.Tech. Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
- M.Tech. Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
About the Course
The Aircraft Maintenance Engineering course trains students in the operation and maintenance of Aircrafts and Helicopters in terms of Structures, Systems and Engines. The students learn how to use the engine trend analysis for the planning of periodic inspection and maintenance of various components in such a way as to reduce downtime of flying vehicles, simulation and validation through Engine testing at various laboratories using the software, such as, MATLAB SIMULINK and LABVIEW. After completing the course the engineers will be familiar with Civil Aviation regulations of Light and Heavy Aircraft category as well as the relevant maintenance procedures for Aircrafts and Helicopters.
- The Aeronautical department of HITS, hosting the Centre of Excellence in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering under TIFAC-CORE programme of the Government of India, is uniquely placed to offer this programme.
- State of the art Aircraft maintenance equipment available for training
- Highly qualified academic staff with TIFAC-CORE project experience
- Vast collection of Aircraft, Cut section Engines and Aircraft sub components like Landing Gear, Braking system and Instrument Panel for training
- Approved DGCA instructors with vast experience to enhance practical experience on Aircraft maintenance and repair.
The course is designed for students who have interest in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering. It prepares students for exciting and rewarding careers requiring the technical expertise.
|Core subjects||Elective subjects|
|Mechanics of flight||Airlines operation|
|Civil Airworthiness Regulations||Helicopter Maintenance|
|Airframe Maintenance and Repair||Aviation Safety Management|
|Aircraft Composite Materials||Advanced Optimization techniques|
|Experimental Stress Analysis||Aircraft Navigation System|
|Rocket and orbital Mechanics|
|Aircraft General Engineering and Maintenance practices|
By the end of the course, the students will be given expert knowledge in the Aircraft maintenance subjects and will be eligible to apply innovative ideas in projects.
The candidates must have passed their Bachelor’s in Aeronautical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering with first class or its equivalent.
Every student is required to undergo summer training during the vacation period to get exposure to the latest technology in the field of maintenance of aircrafts.
For project work, Aeronautical department encourages students to concentrate on research areas and introduce innovative ideas for the development of their knowledge.
The students after completing their course get placed in top aeronautical industries and government agencies in India, such as, the following;
- AIR INDIA
- Mahindra and Mahindra
- SPICE JET
- GO AIR
- INDIAN AIRLINES
Duration : 2 Years