M.Arch. General (Executive)
- M.Arch. General (Executive)
About the Course
The course aims at nurturing the architects who are well versed with the past, are conscious of the latest innovations and intellectually grounded to perceive architecture and design for the present and the future. The course would develop a research culture, where the students are encouraged to learn through experimentation and understand architecture in a diverse cultural and environmental context.
- The post graduate course is envisioned as a platform for carrying out various research projects and starting the doctoral research Programs in the future.
- The course finds its need in inculcating within the students, the ability to deal with the contemporary issues affecting architecture and anticipate the future directions in architecture and architectural design practice.
- It gives an opportunity to reground their design skills and urge for research by pursuing their understanding of architecture through the latest innovations in technology.
|Core subjects||Elective subjects|
|Urban and Rural Housing||Infrastructure Development and Project Finance|
|Sustainable Development and Housing design.||Urban Disaster Management|
|Contemporary Digital Practices||Environmental Management|
|Architectural Criticism||Advanced Architectural Construction Technologies|
|Architectural Design studio||Advanced Project Management|
|Heritage and Urban Conservation||Urban Transformation and Extension|
|Contemporary Landscape Architecture||Urban Aesthetics and Perception|
|Urban Design – Theory and Practices.||High rise Building|
|Intelligent Building||GIS Modeling and Urban Planning|
|Urban Infrastructure and Services||Performance Evaluation of Buildings.|
|Real Estate Planning and Management|
The minimum duration of the Programs is 4 semesters but in any case not more than 8 semesters excluding the semesters withdrawn on medical grounds.
The following norms will generally be followed in assigning credits for courses.
- One credit for each lecture / tutorial hour per week per semester.
- One credit for each design studio / dissertation / thesis session of two periods per week per semester.
The curriculum of M.Arch. is so designed that the minimum prescribed credits required for the award of the degree is within the limits of 80 - 95.
The medium of instruction, examination and the language of the project reports is English.
Thesis shall be carried out under the supervision of a qualified teacher in the concerned department.
- A candidate may, however, in certain cases, be permitted to work on the project in an Industrial / Research Organization, based on the recommendations of HOD, with the approval of the Head of the Institution. In such cases, the thesis shall be jointly supervised by a supervisor of the department and an expert from the organization and the student shall be instructed to meet the supervisor periodically and to attend the review committee meetings for evaluating the progress.
- The thesis shall be pursued for a minimum of 15 weeks during the final semester.
- Every candidate doing M.Arch. shall be encouraged to send a paper for publication in a Journal or a Conference based on his/her thesis work.
- The M.Arch. course enhances career prospects in the Government and the private sector in order to meet the challenges faced by the contemporary built environment.
- helps in widening the spectrum of knowledge in designing buildings, city planning, GIS, and also in the planning process of towns and cities.
- places the graduates in better positions to be entrepreneurs and start their own consultancy firms.
- provides better opportunities to graduates in pursuing their careers in academics.
- offers ideal platform for continuing research in the country and abroad.
Duration : 2 Years