Hostels & Accomodations
Facilities » Hostels & Accomodations
Hindustan University has separate hostels for boys and girls with well furnished rooms and modern amenities. The overall atmosphere is very conducive for the students to concentrate on studies. The hostels have well-furnished air-conditioned and regular rooms with attached rest rooms providing the right ambience for the students. State- of – the- art kitchen and spacious dining area has been provided for both the hostels and a customised menu caters to the student’s needs. Hygiene and cleanliness is emphasised in the hostel. All the hostels offer a variety of services and opportunities for students. Staff members residing in the hostel are assigned to address academic and personal problems of the students. Round-the-clock security, communication, dispensary facilities are also available.
There are seven hostels within the campus catering to the needs of the students. The hostel is managed by
- Dean –Admin
- Chief Warden
- Hostel Manager
- Wardens (Residential and Non-residential)
- Venus Hostel with an option for double AC room/triple/ quadruple in a room on sharing basis.
- Gemini Hostel with an option for AC rooms with bath attached on double sharing basis/triple rooms.
- Galaxy Hostel with an option for double bath–attached AC rooms/triple rooms/dormitory with eight beds.
- Philip Hall with dormitory bath attached room category Green Bay Hostel with Non-AC bath attached & Dormitory room category.
- Kasturba Hostel on triple sharing basis with option for bath attached AC rooms/triple rooms.
- Susan Hostel for AC rooms with bath attached on double sharing basis/triple/quadruple in a room with option for bath attached.
- Bethany Hall AC/Non-AC bath attached room category. Details of the hostel fee and vacancy are available at the Hostel Office.
GENERAL HOSTEL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Every day, attendance will be taken at 6.30 p.m. in the evening in the respective rooms of students. Students are not permitted to go out of hostel/room after attendance.
- Students are expected to behave with dignity and decency.
- Students are not permitted to stay in hostel during college hours without prior permission.
- Day scholars are not permitted into the hostel for any reason.
- For leaving the hostel/campus for outings, all procedures should be followed, like gate pass/entries in the registers/Wardens' permission etc. should be obtained from the respective officials. On outing days, students should return to the campus by 5.30 p.m.
- Church visit is allowed every Sunday with prior permission. (No special or regular outing for those students).
- Visitors are not allowed during week days (Monday to Friday).
- Sitting, chatting, sleeping in another room is not permitted among hostel students.
- Visitors’ days (Only Parents/Local Guardian/Relatives) are Saturdays and Sundays between 9.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m.
- Study hours are from 8.30 p.m. to 10.30 p.m. During the study hours room front door should not be locked. Students should maintain strict silence during study hours and thereafter upto 8.30 a.m.
- Students should follow the mess timings strictly.
Any violation of these rules will be viewed seriously and strict action will be taken accordingly.
Rules For Campus Residents
- Campus residents should be in their respective rooms on
a. Weekdays by 6.30 p.m. for women and 8.00 p.m. Men.
b. Weekends by 7.30 p.m. for women and 8.30 p.m. for Men. Roll call will be taken after that in their respective rooms. If any student is found absent without proper intimation, appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.
- Strict silence should be observed in the hostel especially during study hours (8.30 p.m. to 11.30p.m.).
- A student admitted to the hostel will have no claim for any particular category of rooms. He / she will be allotted rooms based on availability.
- No women can be entertained in the Men's hostel and vice versa.
- Men are not allowed to stand in front of the women's hostel and vice versa.
- Cleanliness has to be maintained in the hostel rooms, toilets and the University premises.
- All the occupants of a room are equally responsible for any damage, loss of furniture etc., and in such cases the cost will be recovered through a collective fine system.
- Students are not allowed to stay in the hostel during the working hours without any valid reason/permission from the Hostel Manager.
- Ragging in any form is not permitted within the hostel. If any student is found engaged in any kind of ragging activities, he/she will be expelled from the University immediately.
- No day scholar or guest is permitted to stay in the hostel / guest house without availing of permission from the respective Hostel Warden.
- No student should deface his/her respective room in any manner by sticking posters, papers etc.,
- All the students are required to switch off the lights and fans of the room when they are not in the room. Heater/ iron box/kettle/high wattage Music system and any other electrical appliances exceeding the power consumption of 300 watts and more will not be permitted.
- Permission should be obtained from the Warden for use of table fans and any other electrical appliances.
- Campus residents shall not organize or address any meeting in the hostel without prior permission of the warden.
- Students should not encourage unauthorized vendors / persons in the hostels.
- Visit to local guardian is restricted to once in a month. Special permission has to be obtained for overnight stay and the consent of parents for such a stay is to be communicated to the Warden in writing, 3 days in advance.
- Campus residents are instructed to dine only in their respective hostel mess and follow the mess rules and regulations strictly.
- Consumption of drugs, alcohol, smoking and chewing of pan are strictly prohibited on the campus.
- In case of serious illness and infectious diseases, the students should report the same to the concerned resident warden for immediate action.
- Playing cards or any other form of gambling is strictly prohibited in the hostel.
- Campus residents will not be permitted to keep any powered vehicle (Two wheelers or four wheelers) inside the hostel campus.
- Visitors are to be entertained in the lobby and should not be allowed into the rooms. Their names are to be recorded in the visitors register.
Disciplinary action will be taken for violation of rules and misconduct by hostel inmates. In all matters of discipline, the decision of the Management will be final. A student expelled on disciplinary grounds will have to forfeit fees and deposit paid.
HOSTEL LEAVE RULES
- Students who opt to stay in the hostel after completion of all procedures related to admission should submit an Annual Leave Roster (ALR) form to the hostel office authorized by the parent.
- Students can obtain the ALR forms from the Hostel Office. The details regarding the probable dates on which leave can be availed are mentioned in the form.
- Students should submit the ALR form duly authorized by the Hostel Manager and Chief Warden.
- Senior students (2nd year to 4th year) can fax the ALR forms and it should be addressed to the Hostel Manager. Fax. No. 044-27474208
- Students who wish to avail leave other than the dates mentioned in the ALR should get the approval from their respective Head of the Department, Hostel Manager, Chief Warden and also their respective Hostel Warden.
- Students who are reporting sick should intimate the warden before leaving the hostel and the parents should inform the Hostel Manager within 2 or 3 days.
HOSTEL MESS RULES
- Entry into the kitchen is strictly prohibited, except for the Resident Warden and Mess Committee Members.
- Private Cooking in the hostel rooms or in the hostel premises is not permitted.
- Students should be dressed decently and should not disturb others when they are in the dining hall.
- Food should not be taken to the rooms without the permission of the warden.
- Complaints regarding quality of food and other suggestions should be entered in the suggestion/ complaint register available in the mess hall.
- Food and water should not be wasted.
- The removal of chairs and utensils from the dining hall is not permitted.
- No mess reduction is permitted under any circumstances.
|Break fast||07.30 am to 08.40 am||08.00 am to 09.30 am.|
|Lunch||11.30 am to 02.00 pm||12.30 pm to 02.00 pm|
|Tea||04.30 pm to 05.15 pm||04.30 pm to 05.15 pm|
|Dinner||07.15 pm to 08.30 pm||08.15 pm to 09.30 pm|
Additional Rules for Girls
- Girls will not be permitted to go out of the campus except with prior permission of the Resident Warden.
- Parents/relatives will be permitted to visit their wards on Saturdays, Sundays and public Holidays between 2.00 and 6.00 p.m. for First year students.
- Students will be permitted to go out during the weekends to visit relatives or local guardians once a month with the written approval of the parents. Overnight stay is not permitted unless the stay is with the parents.
- Students are warned not to keep any gold ornaments or any other valuable items in their rooms.
A Neat Room – A Healthy Environment
- Please utilize the dustbin kept in the corridor for throwing garbage.
- Keep the clothes, pillows and bedspreads neat and clean. Wash them at least once in a fortnight.
- Use hangers for hanging clothes.
- Do not dry (washed) clothes inside the room.
- Avoid foul smelling items inside your room
- Please ensure that your footwear is clean.
- Please do not stick anything on the windows, doors & walls.
- Students are advised to trim their hair at least once in a month.
CONSUMPTION OF WATER AND ELECTRICITY
Water and electricity are precious. Avoid wastage of water while bathing and when using the toilet. See that the taps are closed after use. Switch off all electrical fittings when not in use. Switch off ACs during power failures and when the voltage is low.
Vehicle for Hostel Residents
1. Transport Facility
a) Bus facility will be provided for campus residents on every Sunday to visit the city.
b) Vehicle will be provided to campus residents for any emergency.
2. Other Facilities
The following facilities are available on campus for the benefit of staff and students.
a) Canteen and Fast Food Centre.
b) Geysers are provided in all hostels.
c) Departmental Stores.
d) Generator facility
e) Preventive maintenance.
f) Banking Facility.
g) 24 hrs incoming phone facility.
h) Stationery shops.
i) Round the clock security service.
Parents and guests who visit their wards in the campus can stay in AC and Non AC rooms in the University guest house at a nominal rent. Reservations can be done with the Hostel Manager.