ESSENCE OF RESEARCH SUPERVISION | Event Date: Wednesday, 12th, January 2022
As an effort to refresh and rejuvenate the knowledge and skills of supervisors of Ph.D. scholars of HITS, a One-Day Workshop on “Essence of Research Supervision” was delivered by Dr. S.N. Sridhara, Vice Chancellor on 12 January 2022 at MGR Hall.
The content of delivery and discussion included,
- The current status of research publications and citations of various countries and need to catch up with leading countries.
- Importance of research output for building own's and institution's profile and its dire need in getting good rankings.
- New interdisciplinary topics in research.
- Need of collaborative research work.
- Various search tools for searching good refereed journals, updated lists of Scopus and WoS journals.
- Various research rubrics such as i10-index, h-index, g-index, scientist ranking etc.
- Various tools for referencing management including Mendeley.
- Good structure of PhD thesis and presentation styles.
- Research ethics.
The workshop was attended by about 185 research supervisors; and the content and delivery were well-received. The sessions were made highly interactive and participation by the faculty were encouraging.The major outcome of this workshop was in sensitising the research supervisors towards delivering quality research outputs and exposure the modern tools for carrying out research.