B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering
B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- About the Programme
- Vision & Mission
- Collaboration with Industries
- Curriculum & Syllabus
About the Department
Electrical and Electronics Engineering at HITS has a long standing tradition of excellence. The programme provides a sound foundation for people wishing to pursue a career in electrical engineering, communications, control systems, robotics or sensor systems, through a diverse range of theoretical skills and practical experience, presented in the context of real applications and design experience.
Electronic systems have made deep inroads into every aspect of daily life. One need only look around homes, offices & industrial plants to see that they feature almost everywhere.
Indeed, it is practically impossible to name any appliances, tools or instruments that do not contain electronic components. In order to compete with rival companies or just remain a step ahead of them, the designers of technical systems & innovative products must be fully aware of both the usage & the limitations of electronic components & systems.
Users of electronic systems also need to have a basic knowledge of electronic principles. In order to fully exploit an instruments potential, to be aware of its limitations, to correctly interpret the measurement results & to be able to arrive at well-balanced, decisions relating to the purchasing, repairing, expansion or replacement of electronic equipment, all users of such systems need to have a basic knowledge of electronic principles.
Instrumentation is the heart of any industry and sophisticated process control and guidance techniques are essential in modern days.
This program enriches the students with theoretical and practical skills that are required in different spheres of instrumentation and control industries. It enables students to pursue a career in the measurement and control of complex industrial & electrical process. Modules of this program train the student to plan, design, install, operate, control and maintain complex systems that produce materials.
Duration : 4 Years
Vision & Mission
To educate the students in the recent developments of emerging fields in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, to encourage research activities, innovative techniques and to develop managerial abilities so as to make them excel globally with ethical values.
- M1 : To empower students with state-of-art knowledge and technological skills in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- M2 : To upgrade curriculum continuously to meet the emerging industrial requirement
- M3 : To mould students for research, innovation and entrepreneurship.
- M4 : To inculcate managerial and professional capabilities with ethics and human values
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- PEO1 : Graduates will be capable of Modelling, designing and developinginnovative solutions for critical electrical and electronics engineering problems using advanced techniques.
- PEO2 : Graduates will demonstrate professional competence, effective communication skills, social commitment, ethical and team spirit enabling them to have successful careers or entrepreneurs in diverse cultural and interdisciplinary backgrounds
- PEO3 : Graduates will be able to pursue higher studies, involve in research and development activities and to adapt diligently to ever changing conditions with lifelong learning and positive attitude.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (ALIGNED WITH GRADUATE ATTRIBUTES) (PO)
On completion of the programme, the students will be:
- PO1 : An ability to apply knowledge of fundamentals of mathematics, science, and engineering
- PO2 : An ability to identify, formulate and solve Electrical and Electronics Engineering problems
- PO3 : An ability to understand and correctly interpret the impact of engineering solutions in a social/global context.
- PO4 : An ability to use research approaches for problem analysis and design
- PO5 : An ability to skillfully use modern engineering tools and techniques necessary for engineering design, analysis and applications
- PO6 : Ability to apply contextual knowledge relevant to professional engineering Practices
- PO7 : Understand the need for sustainable development and impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental context.
- PO8 : Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- PO9 : An ability to function and/or develop leadership in multi-disciplinary teams.
- PO10 : Ability to communicate effectively
- PO11 : Ability to apply engineering and management principles to manage projects.
- PO12 : An ability to engage in life-long learning to follow developments in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
- PSO1 : Use logical & technical skills to model, simulate,analyze and develop electrical components and systems
- PSO2 : Integrate the knowledge of fundamental electronics, power electronics control system and embedded systems for designing industrial control systems.
- PSO3 : Contribute for the development of smart power grid, electric vehicle and integrating green energy to meet the increasing demand of the society.
Collaboration with Industries
Solo Automations: VLSI Design & Microcontroller based drives
Inspirerz: Helping the students to secure final year projects in leading industries, organization workshop on personality development.
NCCT: System design using embedded designs and simulation using software
Q-flex Cables Pvt. Ltd.: Special techniques of testing, HV and EHV cables and conductors
Curriculum & Syllabus
Control & Instrumentation Lab
Electrical Machines Lab
MicroComputer & Simulation Lab