Specialization in Cyber Security
- Specialization in Cyber Security
About the Course
A program in security that aims to be on the forefront has to necessarily have a companion-advanced program that has a good balance between theoretical and practical aspects, analytical methods and system architectures, academic ideas and industry practices.
M.Tech Cyber Security programme offers an advanced study on Cyber Security methodologies and their applications in real-time scenarios. The students are exposed to the advanced tools and technologies used to secure infra and network, cloud, IoT, blockchain, web communication and cyber threats. The programme focuses on preparing expert cyber security professionals those who can easily handle the real-life difficulties directly connected with the cyber security scenario.
The course will enable students to:
- Develop the knowledge, understanding and skills in cyber-security theory and hands-on by exploring a wide range of cutting edge techniques and tools.
- Provide an opportunity for knowledge sharing, Internship, Research and Collaborative learning with Industry in India and Reputed Universities abroad.
- Establish responsibility and accountability for information security in organizations.
- Be proficient in various forensic tools and usage of tools for disk imaging and recovery processes.
- Design security procedures and policies.
- Be well versed in various security standards and security testing techniques.
Possible opportunities for graduates include roles in information security such as network security engineers, forensic analysts, information security crime investigators, security architects, disaster recovery managers and security analysts. These jobs may be offered in organizations where large amount of data has to be securely stored and cannot be intercepted during transmission between trading partners over the network. Since most operations are carried out in wireless mode it is the job of the network security engineers, forensic analysts, information security crime investigators, security architects, disaster recovery managers and security analysts to safe guard the information from any criminal activities.
Duration : 2 Years