Facilities » Campus Clinic
MEDICAL SERVICES AND FACILITIES
The following medical services and Facilities are available for 24 hours at the Campus Clinic:
- Availability of Doctors on all working days.
- Availability of Staff Nurse at the University Campus for 24 hours in all days.
- 4 Bed observation room for sick patients
- Free medical consultations for students and staff.
- Facility for Intravenous drips, is available for patients with giddiness, fever etc.,
- Small and minor cut injuries are sutured in the campus clinic itself.
- One dose of medicines given free of cost to the students..
- All cases of injuries and accident are given first aid before referring them to nearby hospital.
- 24 hours Ambulance facility available in the campus for emergency cases
Dr.Thulasi Das Rao - M.B.B.S., DIP.Diab.,
Dr. Viji Vasudev - M.B.B.S.,
EQUIPMENTS AVAILABLE IN THE CAMPUS CLINIC
- Nebuliser - For all patients with wheezing, nebulsation is done with appropriate medicine to give immediate relief from wheezing in asthma patients.
- Physiotherapy - UltrasoundAvailability of Staff Nurse at the University Campus for 24 hours in all days.
- Height And Weight Machine Manual & Digital - Height and weight Machine along with BMI calculator chart to motivate obese students to check their weight.
- Oxycare - Disposable Oxygen Dispenser for acute asthmatic Patients.
- Blood Glucometer - For checking blood sugar levels in suspected hypoglycemic Emergencies.
- B.P. Machines Manual & Digital - For regular check-up of BP.
- Thermometer Digital & Manual - To identify body temperature.
- Foldingstretcher - For shifting Patients..
- Wheel Chair - For Shifting Patients
We always stock essential medicines and injections for emergencies. Vaccines like TT, Hepatitis B,etc., are always available in the Campus Clinic.
- We periodically organize free dental camps, subsidized immunization camps, free Bone Mineral density checkup camps etc., in association with NSS and NCC.
- We also supervise the Sick Rooms in the hostels, where basic medical facilities are available.
- Periodically, we conduct surprise inspections of the various catering facilities in the campus to supervise their hygiene and cleanliness.
- In case of emergency, we have a MOU with Chettinad and Praveena Hospitals.