B.Sc. Physical Education,
Health Education & Sports
- B.Sc. Physical Education, Health Education & Sports
School Of Physical Education & Sports
The School of Physical Education and Sports aims to provide quality and professional training in Physical Education and promotes sports activities among students. The School offers interdisciplinary programmes in undergraduate (B.Sc. Physical Education, Health Education and Sports), postgraduate (M. Phil. Physical Education & MBA Sports Management), Ph.D., and PG Diploma (Sports Management) covering various subjects like Anatomy and Physiology, Environmental Science, Value Education, Sports Nutrition and Sports Journalism. The School provides well-equipped and maintained outdoor and indoor sports facilities. Students can choose from a number of available sports and games activities to pursue their extracurricular interests including Aero Sports, Horse Riding, Tennis, Cricket, Football, Basketball, Cycling, Volleyball, Handball, Gymnasium, Badminton, Snooker, Carrom, Table Tennis, etc.
Working with Coaches to develop specific needs, the School sets its benchmark to create athletes who could bring laurels to the nation in their best ability. The School of Physical Education strives to have collaborations with national and international organizations to inculcate aspiration and confidence in students to enhance professionalism. It enhances innovative programmes by conducting training camps, workshops, seminars, conferences and project meets. Ever since its inception, the School has been conducting many Inter-University, Inter-College and Open Tournaments in the field of sports and actively participating in the South Zone and All India Inter University Tournaments. The School endeavors to make students ready for prominent career in physical education and sports by equipping them with relevant facts, concepts and scientific theories related to various disciplines applicable to physical education, health education and sports. A unique learning environment in sports education is created featuring key elements such as problem solving skills, teamwork, interaction with students from within the country and abroad, developing interpersonal skills and above all, true sportsmanship. The School of Physical Education prides itself on providing quality services to its athletes by enabling them to be well-rounded on and off the sporting field.
- Improvement of students’ talent to perform sports related services like organizing sports events, managing sports infrastructure, integrating various sports training methods, health care, fitness management and multi-disciplinary aspects.
- Emphasis on inculcating and nurturing teaching skills and professional qualities of prospective teachers.
- In addition to core curricula, course offers subjects like communication and soft skills to enhance personality and employability.
B.Sc. Physical Education, Health Education and Sports
The School of Physical Education & Sports Sciences nurtures sports persons with a unified aim to participate in International and National competitions besides preparing physical education teachers. Rigorous academic and sports training is delivered by expert faculty members in international standard sports grounds and training fields.
- Candidates who want to become an instructor for various physical activities in gyms, schools, colleges and other health-related places are a good match for it.
- The course is suitable for those who want to and are willing to become a Physical education teacher and is sturdy and robust in their physic
- They should also have good communication and interpersonal skills for the course and job.
- They should be hard workers, work for long hours in a critical situation and exhibit effective teamwork.
- As trained physical education personnel, they get priority in defence and police services with special recruitment drives.
- Degree holders can be a connecting link between the Doctors and Physical Education experts, for exchange of views about therapeutic and rehabilitative measures.
- Gymnasiums and health clubs encourage trained personnel to manage the health and fitness programmes.
- Fitness Trainer
- Health Consultancy
- School, Colleges & Universities Instructor
- Sports Clubs
We equip students with a thorough study of physical fitness and practical knowledge to make progress in physical education. In order to prepare for challenging levels in this competitive world, students must carefully choose their curriculum. Physical Education, Health Education and Sports degree programme is the best choice for someone who wants to be ready for a productive life in this field.
Duration : 3 years