Bachelor of Optometry
- Allied & Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Optometry
About the Programme
B.Optom., is a four-year programme with eight semesters including an internship and a project. Students in pursuit of diverse domains of optometry, particularly on the diagnosis of visual defect with the help of optical instruments.
On completion of the programme, the candidate would be competent enough to start an Optometric profession on their own and can conduct eye tests to examine a patient’s vision/rehabilitation.
- Mastering the practical aspects of spectacle prescription, contact lenses and vision care. Manufacturing of spectacle lenses, managing non-strabismus binocular vision anomalies.
- Understanding the intricacies of eye safety wear for various occupations, detection of various ocular conditions and pathologies, eye banks and rehabilitation measures for totally visually challenged.
- Adequate practical exposure through field visits/internships in eye hospitals, optometry projects and carrying out eye camps in different areas.
- Students get to gain knowledge on sensory substitution and other rehabilitation measures for visually challenged.
- Counselling training on visual/ocular hygiene, nutritional and environmental modifications.
- A pass in 12thStandard with Science subjects
- 1 Year Internship
- Customer Care Associate
- Private Practitioner
- Trainee Optometrist
- Vision Consultant
- Optometry Researcher
- Optometrist Assistant
- Asst. Nutrition Officer/Data Assistant
- Junior Medical Coder
- Lens Consultant
- Office Assistant
- Optometry Specialist Technician
Duration: 4 Years with Internship