B.Tech Information Technology-HITS
B.Tech Information Technology-HITS
- About the Programme
- Vision & Mission
- Curriculum & Syllabus
About the Department
Information and Communication technology and its application involving Information System design, acquisition, storageand retrieval, and flow plays a major role in all areas such as Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and other branches of Engineering to infer intelligent decision making based on data acquired through various electro-mechanical devices.
At HITS you will learn to learn the fundamentals of this vast area and master on areas of specializations.The unimaginable computing power envisaged through the massive cloud computing is yet to be exploited and it is beyond doubt that such extravagant technological revolution would not have been possible without the immense potential of information and Communication Technology. The programme structure would guide you to apply knowledge encompassing every profession and focus on future trends as well.
Duration : 4 Years
Vision & Mission
To be a globally renowned academic department for quality education and research in the field of Information Technology with ethical values and social commitment.
- M 1: To impart comprehensive technical education to produce highly competent IT professionals and entrepreneurs.
- M 2: To provide an academic environment for state of the art research with ethical standards.
- M 3: To conduct knowledge transfer programs to enhance the technical knowledge in the field of Information Technology.
The program is expected to enable the students to
- PEO 1: Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge in the design and development of software with the concept of various architectures.
- PEO 2: Provide solutions making use of the knowledge gained in Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Big Data, Cyber Security and Communication.
- PEO 3: Adapt themselves to continuously changing technologies to develop innovative applications with ethical and social commitment.
At the end of this Program, graduates will be able to
- PSO 1: Apply the knowledge of Basic Sciences and Engineering to solve complex problems in the field of Information Technology and provide solutions using modern tools.
- PSO 2: Design, develop and test software systems for IT Industry to provide solutions to real world problems.
- PSO 3: Apply the knowledge in Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence to solve real time problems in Cyber Security and Big Data.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (ALIGNED WITH GRADUATE ATTRIBUTES) (PO)
At the end of this program, graduates will be able to
- PO 1: Apply engineering knowledge to solve problems in different areas of Information Technology.
- PO 2: Identify, hypothesize and construct software requirement specification using various concepts and techniques in the field of IT. Design and develop solutions for complex systems to meet the needs of society and IT industry.
- PO 3: Design and develop solutions for complex systems to meet the needs of society and IT industry
- PO 4: Ability to conduct research in diversified field of Web and Mobile programming, Data Analytics, Network Security etc. to obtain valid conclusions for challenging problems.
- PO 5: Develop programming skills to use sophisticated and advanced software tools of IT.
- PO 6: Develop projects using software tools for satisfying the needs of end users
- PO 7: Able to analyze the impact of computing hazards on individuals, organizations, and society.
- PO 8: Learn and follow the ethical principles involved in IT research and industrial practices
- PO 9: Ability to work as an individual based on interest and also in a multidisciplinary team of Information Technology.
- PO 10: Able to communicate effectively in technical and non‐technical communications with a range of audiences such as peer to peer and peer to group.
- PO 11: Develop management skills to work in IT industry and also to become an entrepreneur in the field of Information Technology.
- PO 12: Engage in lifelong learning process by updating the knowledge of individual with the upcoming software tools and techniques.