B.Tech Information Technology-HITS
B.Tech Information Technology-HITS
- About the Department
- Vision & Mission
- Curriculum & Syllabus
- International Visit
- News & Events
- Student Achievements
About the Department
The Under Graduate (UG) program of Information Technology was started in the year 1998 and Post Graduate (PG) program of Information Technology was started in the year 2009. The Department of Information Technology of Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science (HITS) provide high quality education programs by imparting comprehensive knowledge coupled with practical exposure, which is essential for software design, development and testing in the IT industry. The Department provides ample facilities in terms of software and hardware to enable the students to learn by doing. The curriculum is designed to cater to the needs of the industrial organization. It also enables the students to apply a design thinking approach to solve the social and industrial problems.
The world of information technology is rapidly growing, bringing in marvelous changes in day-to-day life that demands ever changing skill-set from the students. The department equips the students in sound foundational concepts that further enable them to adapt to changing technological needs. To expose latest trends to the students, value-added courses, MOOC, in-house seminars, workshops, industrial visits are conducted periodically. Hitsathon, and BreakSec are organized every year by the department’s Student Club members and professional society, to enhance the technical skills of the students.The Department offers a quality research training experience for its students as well as faculty. The Department also maintains its relevance to world-class research by collaborating with industry and business through local and international research networks.
The Department of Information Technology is actively working with many IT industrial institutions like NASSCOM, ACM and IEEE along with industries such as IBM, Infosys, HTC Global Services, Dlink and more. The Department has established Centers of Excellence in the area of Cyber Security and Machine Intelligence.
The Department has renowned faculties with international experience both in the industry and academics. The faculties are encouraged and well supported by the Department in performing innovative research. The faculties also engage with the industry by offering their services to solve their problems.
The Department received National Level “Best Cyber Security Education Award of the year 2017” from Data Security Council of India (DSCI) for offering the cyber security courses and creating the cyber security awareness in the society through various events and activities.
Duration : 4 Years
Vision & Mission
To be a globally renowned academic department for quality education and research in the field of Information Technology with ethical values and social commitment.
- M 1: To impart comprehensive technical education to produce highly competent IT professionals and entrepreneurs.
- M 2: To provide an academic environment for state of the art research with ethical standards.
- M 3: To conduct knowledge transfer programs to enhance the technical knowledge in the field of Information Technology.
The program is expected to enable the students to
- PEO 1: Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge in IT solution development leading to excellence in professional career and/or higher education including research.
- PEO 2: Provide solutions making use of the knowledge gained in Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Big Data, Cyber Security and Communication.
- PEO 3: Adapt themselves to continuously changing technologies to develop innovative applications with ethical and social commitment.
At the end of this Program, graduates will be able to
- PSO 1: Acquire an ability to use the algorithm’s technique and tools for the development of software applications related to Information Technology.
- PSO 2: Design, develop and test software intensive systems for IT Industry to provide solutions to real world problems.
- PSO 3: Apply the knowledge in Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence to solve real time problems in Cyber Security and Big Data.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (ALIGNED WITH GRADUATE ATTRIBUTES) (PO)
At the end of this program, graduates will be able to
- PO 1: Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO 2: Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- PO 3: Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO 4: Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions for complex problems.
- PO 5: Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO 6: The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO 7: Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO 8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO 9: Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO 10: Communication:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO 11: Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO 12: Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Mr.Naveen and Ms. Juhi Singh R of final year IT attended summer program at Ben Gurion University, Israel for a period of one month from 12.07.2019 to 12.08.2019
Mr. Akkash Babu N and Mr. Joe Martin J from 3rd year IT has been selected to attend the Ubaya Summer Program in the topic of "When Technology Meets the Natural Beings" at Universitas Surabaya, Thailand for a period of 1 week from 2.12.2019 TO 08.12.2019
Dr. V. Ceronmani Sharmila, Associate Professor/IT visited University of Bradford, UK, funded by World Technology Universities Network (WTUN) for research proposal meet during 02.04.2019 to 10.04.2019
Mr.P.Shijo of 2nd year IT attended 2019 CJCU Summer Camp at Chang Jung Christian University, Taiwan for a period of 10 days from 16.8.2019 to 26.08.2019
News and Events
Our IT department organized two days national level Hackathon competition on 30th August and 1st September 2019. Around 360 students from different engineering colleges and universities around India participated in the competition. Mr. Amuthan, Atal Mentor for India, Mr.Ashwin, Manya the Princeton Review acted as judge and chief guest of the event and shared their knowledge
A Zonal Championship cum workshop on Cyber Security and Ethical Hacking was organized on 12th and 13th August 2019. 35 student’s participitated in this event. Mr.Radhakrishnan, Founder & CEO, WhiteHat Global Solutions, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India acted as chief guest and mentor for the event
Coder’s Hub I and II Labaratory
CodeChef was created as a platform to help programmers make it big in the world of algorithms, and programmingcontests. At CodeChef we work hard to revive the geek in you by hosting a programming contest at the start of the month and another smaller programming challenge in the middle of the month. We also aim to have training sessions and discussions related to algorithms, binary search, technicalities like array size and the likes.
IBM CCV Labaratory
Industry collaborated courses like Cloud Computing & Virtualization, Cyber Security and Forensics and Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning are offered to provide students with the needed skills for jobs in these fields.
BOSS MOOL Labaratory
BOSS (Bharat Operating System Solutions) is a GNU/Linux distribution developed by C-DAC, Chennai in order to benefit the usage of Free/Open Source Software in India. The students and staff to use MOOL and BOSS and develop many open source components and drivers. Provide iternships with IIT-M.
Organized workshops on Networking and Train the Trainer Programmes. Staff members are D-Link certified.Realigned syllabus with inputs from D-Link.
The centre pursues research in the areas of Machine Intelligence and Data Analytics and fosters product development with social and financial value.
Mr.P.Shijo of 2nd year IT was awarded as the CEO of the year in Chennai International Youth fest held at Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium, Chennai on 15th September 2019. He also secured First place in Crack the case during the event.
Ms.Juhi Singh R of final year IT was awarded IET CLN YP Best Leadership award 2018-19, by IET held at Vivanta Hotel, chennai on 28th September 2019.
Mr.S.Naveen was invited as a speaker to Sandbox by SRMKZILLA (Mozilla Club) at SRM Chennai. He handled session on “Malicious File analysis with Static and Dynamic Methods and recent Advancements in Cyber Security”
Ms.Juhi Singh was invited as a speaker at SRM Amaravathi, Andhra Pradesh and SRM, Chennai. She handled session on “Introduction to Machine Learning” & “Guidance for Internship”
Mr.S.Naveen of final year IT was awarded IET CLN YP Best Leadership award 2017-18, by IET held at Chennai
|1.||Dr. V. Ceronmani Sharmila||
Associate Professor / HOD&
|2.||Dr. C. V. Suresh Babu||Professor||View Profile|
|3.||Dr. B. Dwarakanath||Assistant Professor (S.G)||View Profile|
|4.||Dr. A. Kumaresan||Assistant Professor (S.G)||View Profile|
|5.||Dr.Kavitha Esther Rajakumari||Assistant Professor (SG)||View Profile|
|6.||Dr. N. Meenakshi||Assistant Professor (S.G)||View Profile|
|7.||Dr.D.Kirubha||Assistant Professor (S.G)||View Profile|
|8.||Dr.B.Umamageswari||Assistant Professor (S.G)||View Profile|
|9.||Ms.I.Juvanna||Assistant Professor (S.G)||View Profile|
|10.||Mr. B.V.Baiju||Assistant Professor (S.G)||View Profile|