B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering
B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering
- About the Programme
- Vision & Mission
- Specialization (Industrial Electives)
- Awards and Achievements
- News & Events
- Curriculum & Syllabus
About the Programme
The B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering programme at Hindustan concentrates on bridging theory and practice, including a wide variety of hardware and software technologies and their applications.
The programme is designed to equip students with the fundamental understanding and practical skills needed by the potential leaders of a demanding profession. However, this by no means limits our graduates in their choice of career: like other programmes at Hindustan, it is training in logical thought and expression, and can lead to employment in many different fields.
A sound understanding of mathematical ideas is needed throughout the programme, both for potential applications such as scientific computation, and for reasoning rigorously about the specification and behavior of programs. Practical skills must also be developed and the majority of subjects within the programme are linked with practical work.
The laboratory has a large network of up-to-date workstations for practical work and the network is accessible from colleges and many student rooms and through the internet.
During the first part of the programme, your work is divided between lectures (about four a week), tutorials (about once a week), and practical classes (about two sessions a week). In addition, you will be expected to spend a considerable amount of time on private study. As the programme progresses, you will begin to work in small classes on more specialized topics. You will spend a substantial amount of time in your third and fourth years working on a project that counts towards your degree.
Tutors want to see how you tackle unfamiliar problems and respond to new ideas; they will be more interested in the problem-solving process than in whether you can get straight to a solution. As in all subjects at Hindustan, the ability and commitment to study are more important than prior knowledge. Specifically, we do not require any formal qualification in computing, although you will be expected to show enthusiasm for the subject. A strong mathematical ability is more important.
Duration : 4 Years
Vision & Mission
To excel in Computer Science and Engineering education, research, project management by empowering the students with strong conceptual knowledge.
- To educate the students with basic foundation blocks of core and allied disciplines of Computer Science and Engineering.
- To provide practical skills in the advancements of the Computer Science and Engineering field required for the growing dynamic IT and ITES industries.
- To sculpt strong personal, technical, research, entrepreneurial, and leadership skills.
- To inculcate knowledge in lifelong learning, professional ethics and contribution to the society.
Specialization (Industrial Electives)
Awards and Achievements
- INDIAN EXPRESS EDEX AWARDS –“MOST INSPIRING YOUNG TEACHER OF SOUTH INDIA UNDER 40” ON 3RD JUNE 2017 ACHIEVED BY DR.J. THANGAKUMAR.
- BEST TEACHER AWARD FROM NEHRU GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS on 14th DECEMBER 2016 ACHIEVED BY DR.J. THANGAKUMAR.
- BEST FACULTY OF THE YEAR AWARD 2018 BY COMPUTER SOCIETY OF INDIA ACHIEVED BY DR.J. THANGAKUMAR.
- PEARSON BEST TEACHER AWARD 2013 BY DR.SUDALAIMUTHU
- IET CHENNAI NETWORK AWARDS –’15 WOMEN ENGINEER AWARD TO DR. RAJESWARI MUKESH
- INDIAN EXPRESS KNOW YOUR CANDIDATE APP
- HACKING OF SONY PICTURES BRINGS TO SURFACE NEED TO CAP DATA LEAKAGE
- edex MR. THOMAS CHERIAN LIVING BY HIS OWN CODE
- edex DR. THANGAKUMAR PRACTICAL SPEAK!
News and Events
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COGNITIVE IOT WITH BIG DATA AND CLOUD
WINTER PROGRAMME ON “BLOCK CHAIN TECHNOLOGIES”
A FIVE DAY NATIONAL LEVEL SUMMER TRAINING PROGRAMME ON “ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE WITH DEEP LEARNING & MACHINE LEARNING
Coder’s Hub I and II Labaratory
CodeChef was created as a platform to help programmers make it big in the world of algorithms, and programmingcontests. At CodeChef we work hard to revive the geek in you by hosting a programming contest at the start of the month and another smaller programming challenge in the middle of the month. We also aim to have training sessions and discussions related to algorithms, binary search, technicalities like array size and the likes.
IBM CCV Labaratory
Industry collaborated courses like Cloud Computing & Virtualization, Business Analytics & Optimization, IT Infrastructure & Management and Cloud Computing Architecture are offered.
BOSS MOOL Labaratory
BOSS (Bharat Operating System Solutions) is a GNU/Linux distribution developed by C-DAC, Chennai in order to benefit the usage of Free/Open Source Software in India. The students and staff to use MOOL and BOSS and develop many open source components and drivers. Provide iternships with IIT-M.
Organized workshops on Networking and Train the Trainer Programmes. Staff members are D-Link certified.Realigned syllabus with inputs from D-Link.
The centre pursues research in the areas of Machine Intelligence and Data Analytics and fosters product development with social and financial value.