B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering
B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering
- About the Programme
- Vision & Mission
- PEO,PO & PSO
- Programmes & Specialization
- Our Faculty
- Awards and Achievements
- News & Events
- Curriculum & Syllabus
- Honours & Minors
About the Programme
The B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering programme bridges theory and practice, by offering courses in the recent trends of hardware and software technologies and their applications. The programme is designed to equip students with the fundamental understanding and practical skills required for the potential leaders of the demanding IT profession.
To develop the practical skills of a student, the majority of courses within the programme are linked with practical work. The laboratory has a large network of up-to-date workstations and computers and the network is accessible from the class rooms and student rooms through the internet. The specialisations offered along with B.Tech CSE programme are Artificial Intelligence(AI) and Machine Learning (ML) in collaboration with IBM, Internet of Things(IoT) and Data Science which are the courses pertaining to Industry 4.0 standards.
Apart from the regular class room study the students are expected to spend a considerable amount of time on self study. The curriculum also emphasizes on project based learning wherein the students work on projects as part of each and every course that they study. To improve the coding skills of the students the department has MoU with Codechef which provides an online competitive coding platform. The students of the B.Tech CSE programme are also members of professional bodies such as ACM,IEEE(CS), IET and CSI.The students also visit Yildiz Technological University, Turkey, Dongukk University South Korea, Malaysia Multimedia University and Ben-Gurion University for semester exchange programmes and internship. More than 85% of the students get placed in leading IT companies such as IBM, Infosys, Hexaware, TCS, NewGen, Tech Mahindra etc.
For more details on faculty, infrastructure and projects, please visit https://cse.hindustanuniv.ac.in/
Duration : 4 Years
Vision & Mission
To excel in Computer Science and Engineering education, research, project management by empowering the students with strong conceptual knowledge.
- To educate the students with basic foundation blocks of core and allied disciplines of Computer Science and Engineering.
- To provide practical skills in the advancements of the Computer Science and Engineering field required for the growing dynamic IT and ITES industries.
- To sculpt strong personal, technical, research, entrepreneurial, and leadership skills.
- To inculcate knowledge in lifelong learning, professional ethics and contribution to the society.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) of the Computer Science and Engineering are listed below: The graduate after 3-5 years of programme completion will
- PEO1: Excel in his/her professional career and/or pursue higher education including research by applying the knowledge of Computer Science and Engineering.
- PEO2: Demonstrate the technical skills to analyze and design appropriate solutions for problems with social consciousness and ethical values.
- PEO3: Adapt themselves to organizational needs by understanding the dynamically changing technologies.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (ALIGNED WITH GRADUATE ATTRIBUTES) (PO)
(To be achieved by the student after every semester/year/and at the time of graduation) At the end of this program, graduates will be able to
- PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
On completion of the B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering degree the graduates will be able to
- PSO1: Apply mathematical, conceptual knowledge of computing and analytical skills to solve complex problems.
- PSO2: Design and develop computer systems based on the domains of Cyber Physical Systems, Algorithm Design Techniques and Enterprise systems security.
- PSO3: Do innovative system design with analytical knowledge by developing modern tools and techniques.
Industry Collaborated Specialization
- Cloud Computing and Virtualization with IBM
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (IBM)
- Cyber Security (IBM)
|1||Dr. S. Sathyalakshmi||Professor|
|2||Dr. Angelina Geetha||Professor & Dean-E&T|
|3||Dr. P. Selvi Rajendran||Professor|
|4||Dr. P. Ranjana||Professor|
|5||Dr. R. Kanthavel||Dean CSE & Digital Initiatives|
|6||Dr. D. John Aravindhar||Professor|
|7||Dr. Mohan Kumar P||Professor|
|8||Dr. A. Sai Sabitha||Professor|
|9||Dr. T. Sudalai Muthu||Professor & Coordinator - Iqac|
|10||Dr. John Deva Prasanna||Associate Professor|
|11||Dr. J. Thangakumar||Associate Professor & Hod I/C - CSE|
|12||Dr. Vijayalakshmi K||Associate Professor|
|13||Dr. LINDA JOSEPH||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|14||Dr. M. Muthukumaran||Associate Professor|
|15||Dr. Vijayarani J||Assistant Professor
|16||Dr. M. Kathiravan||Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)|
|17||Dr. Logeshwari R||Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)|
|18||Dr. Mathiarasi B||Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)|
|19||Dr. V. Sathya Durga||Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)|
|20||Mr. Anand Joseph Daniel D||Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)|
|21||Ms. S. Revathy||Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)|
|22||Mr. Vasantharaj K||Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)|
|23||Ms. Benazir Begum A||Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)|
|24||Mr. R. Vishnu Sekhar||Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)|
|25||Ms. Meena Priyadharsini A||Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)|
|26||Ms. Kowsalya K||Assistant Professor (Senior Scale)|
|27||Ms. L.Priya||Assistant Professor (Senior Scale)|
|28||Mr. Gowdham Chinnnaraju||Assistant Professor (Senior Scale)|
|29||Mr. Manikandan||Assistant Professor (Senior Scale)|
|30||Ms. Kirithiga Nandini||Assistant Professor (Senior Scale)|
|31||Ms. R. Dheepthi||Assistant Professor (Senior Scale)|
|32||Mr. Vijayakumar M||Assistant Professor (Senior Scale)|
|33||Ms. Radhika R||Assistant Professor (Senior Scale)|
|34||Mr. Sanju Rajan||Assistant Professor|
|35||Ms. Brinda Sri S||Assistant Professor|
|36||Ms. M. Meenakshi||Assistant Professor|
|37||Ms. A. Praisy Evangelin||Assistant Professor|
|38||Mr. T. Madhu Perkin||Assistant Professor|
|39||Ms. Vasugi P||Assistant Professor|
|40||Ms. Swarnalakshmi J||Assistant Professor|
|41||Dr. K. Venkatraman||Adjunct Faculty|
|42||Dr. Muthukumaran B||Adjunct Faculty|
|43||Mr. Samba Murthi Sankaranarayanan||Adjunct Faculty|
|44||Mr. Raja Chidambaram||Adjunct Faculty|
|45||Mr. Vijaya Karna||Assistant Professor|
Awards and Achievements
|Mr.Akash Arora won IET CLN 2017 award|
|Mr.Sajal Mistry won IET CLN 2017 award|
|PEARSON Best Teacher Award 2013 By Dr.SudalaiMuthu|
|IET Chennai Network Awards –'15 Women Engineer Award to Dr. Rajeswari Mukesh|
- IET Chennai Network Awards –'15 Women Engineer Award to Dr. Rajeswari Mukesh
- Indian Express Edex Awards –"Most inspiring young teacher of south india under 40" on 3rd june 2017 achieved by Dr.J. Thangakumar.
- PEARSON Best Teacher Award 2013 By Dr.SudalaiMuthu
- Best Faculty of the Year Award 2018 By Computer Society of India Achieved by Dr.J. ThangaKumar.
- Infosys Campus Connect Inspire Faculty Award Received by Mr.M.Sambath
|Infosys Campus Connect Inspire Faculty Award Received by Mr.M.Sambath|
|Best faculty award 2018 by CSI achieved by Dr.J. Thangakumar|
- INDIAN EXPRESS KNOW YOUR CANDIDATE APP
- HACKING OF SONY PICTURES BRINGS TO SURFACE NEED TO CAP DATA LEAKAGE
- edex MR. THOMAS CHERIAN LIVING BY HIS OWN CODE
- edex DR. THANGAKUMAR PRACTICAL SPEAK!
News and Events
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COGNITIVE IOT WITH BIG DATA AND CLOUD
WINTER PROGRAMME ON “BLOCK CHAIN TECHNOLOGIES”
A FIVE DAY NATIONAL LEVEL SUMMER TRAINING PROGRAMME ON “ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE WITH DEEP LEARNING & MACHINE LEARNING
Coder’s Hub I and II Labaratory
CodeChef was created as a platform to help programmers make it big in the world of algorithms, and programmingcontests. At CodeChef we work hard to revive the geek in you by hosting a programming contest at the start of the month and another smaller programming challenge in the middle of the month. We also aim to have training sessions and discussions related to algorithms, binary search, technicalities like array size and the likes.
IBM CCV Labaratory
Industry collaborated courses like Cloud Computing & Virtualization, Business Analytics & Optimization, IT Infrastructure & Management and Cloud Computing Architecture are offered.
BOSS MOOL Labaratory
BOSS (Bharat Operating System Solutions) is a GNU/Linux distribution developed by C-DAC, Chennai in order to benefit the usage of Free/Open Source Software in India. The students and staff to use MOOL and BOSS and develop many open source components and drivers. Provide iternships with IIT-M.
Organized workshops on Networking and Train the Trainer Programmes. Staff members are D-Link certified.Realigned syllabus with inputs from D-Link.
The centre pursues research in the areas of Machine Intelligence and Data Analytics and fosters product development with social and financial value.
Curriculum & Syllabus
Honours and Minors
- Cyber Security
- Data Science