BBA - Aviation Management
- BBA - Aviation Management
About the Course
Aviation-related careers are not confined only to pilots. There are a huge number of other jobs that are necessary to keep air travel moving safely. An aviation management degree provides a broad range of skills, both technical and managerial, that prepare individuals for long-term careers in airline and airport management.
The government owned Airports Authority of India (AAI) operates 126 airports and civil enclaves out of a total of 449 airports and airstrips located throughout India. Around 80 airports/aerodromes receive regular commercial flights. The cities of Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kochi and Mumbai are served by privately (or joint-venture) operated airports. Airports in India handled 295 million passengers in 2017. India is the fifth largest civil aviation market in the world behind the USA, China, Japan and the United Kingdom.
Worldwide, airlines carry more than 3 billion passengers a year and deliver about one-third of traded goods by value. Aviation-sector employment also is seen as strong. Airlines employ about 2.5 million workers and expect “to accelerate the pace of hiring over the next year,” the association reported in June 2015.
To work for a major airline carrier, an international airport, a government agency or a general aviation service provider, a bachelor’s degree in aviation management can provide the foundational and specialized knowledge needed to succeed in a range of careers including Airport managers, Airport Operations Manager, Airport planners and Air Cargo Managers.
Also our BBA Aviation programme has a unique blend of industry relevant content on par with International Air Transport Association (IATA) standards, which makes the graduate’s employability higher. The course is offered with a Choice Based Credit System, where the student has wider choices of electives to choose from based on his/her interests. Foreign languages like French and German are also offered as choices in languages.
- Introduction to Airline Industry
- Management Information System
- Airline Marketing Management
- Cargo Introductory Course
- Foundation in Travel and Tourism with GDS
- Business Ethics & Values
- Passenger Ground Service with DCS – I
- Air Cargo Security Awareness
- Airline and Airport Management
- Travel Agents & Tour Operators I
- Airline Customer Service
- Passenger Ground Service with DCS – II
- Travel Agents & Tour Operators II
- Aviation Security Awareness
- Basic Ramp Safety
- Crew Resource Management
- Services Marketing
- Air Ticketing & Fare Construction
- Customer Relationship Management
- Airline Advertising & Sales Promotion
- Airline business related study on ground operations, technical software handling, and marketing.
- The course enables a student to adapt good communication skills apart from leadership and organisational skills which are important in the aviation industry.
- It covers a broad overview of the airline management.
- This provides a broad overview of the airline industry and creates awareness of the underlying marketing, financial, operational, and other factors influencing airline management.
Among our 100+ global partners, the following institutions specialised in Aviation provide semester exchange and summer programmes for our students. Many of our students have benefited from such programmes in the past.
- Dongkuk University, Korea
- Korean Aerospace University, Korea
- Riga Technological University, Latvia
- Moscow Aviation Institute, Russia
Aerronautical Society of India - AeSI:
Hindustan Group of Institutions being a pioneer in Aviation Sector has been taking the forefront in the Aeronautical Society of India. Round the year several aviation related events are organised to benefit the students by inviting senior experts from the aviation sector.
- Employment opportunities for ground crew managers increase on pursuing courses in aviation management.
- The career opportunities on pursuing aviation management course includes aviation planner, senior staff analyst for airlines, operations analyst for airlines, financial analyst for airlines and purchasing management.