Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
About the course
School of Architecture of Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science was established in the year 1993 with the approval of the Council of Architecture (COA), a statutory body that awards license to practice as an Architect in India. The course is a five-year full time with one year dedicated to practical training.
The vision of the School of Architecture is “To facilitate creation of an enabling environment for Sustainable Development of the Built Environment”. The thrust areas of the school are Sustainable Architecture, Energy Efficient Design, Disaster Mitigation and Management, Urban Renewal and Design, Heritage Conservation, Architectural Acoustics and Architectural Aesthetics.
The School in its curriculum design has focused on the areas of concerns of 21st century and has included the study of the same partly as core subjects and remaining as elective subjects. Architectural Design Studios are prime working sessions in which the students are made to comprehend what they learn through design applications.
The course approaches architecture generally with focus on cultivating students’ creativity, imagination, analytical, communicative and technical skills.
- Cultivate strong leadership qualities, analytical ability and flexible approach to work and learn.
- Instigate the creative mind to appreciate the various design values and to develop individual design values.
- Design livable and attractive projects that also cater to energy efficiency.
- Develop various forms of communication skill, both written and verbal.
- Equip students to formulate design solutions for various projects of all scales.
- Cultivate the skills to provide designs responsive to the cultural contexts, and significantly use natural and man-made resources.
- Develop technical know-how and software skills to efficiently present their designs.
Qualified architects can work with government organisations like central and state public work departments, housing and urban development corporation, municipalities, city development authorities, state housing boards etc. They are also employed in industrial ventures, consultancy and private architectural firms, teaching institutions, real estate development firms etc. Students can also pursue higher education in India and abroad in their field of interest which encompasses Digital Architecture, Interior Design, Urban Design, Heritage and Conservation and many more. The most sought after career is to practice Architecture, either with a corporate firm or a small practice or to establish their own. Subsequent to completion of the course the practice in India can be commenced by registering with the COA, India.
Prominent Prospective Employers
- Government organizations
- Corporate architecture firms
- Multi-national companies
- Development authorities
- Real estate development firms
- Architecture consultancies
- Architecture magazines
- Education Institutions
Duration: 5 Years