Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
- About the Programme
- Vision & Mission
- PEO, PO & PSO
- Our Faculty
- Infrastructural Facilities
- Curriculum & Syllabus
- Career Opportunities
- News and Events
About the Programme
Architecture is the art and science of designing and building structures, or large groups of structures, in keeping with aesthetic and functional criteria. Architecture is the scientific art of making structure express ideas. It helps the man-made fit in harmony with the environment while promoting health and well-being, enriching lives aesthetically and spiritually, providing economic opportunities, and creating a legacy that reflects and symbolizes culture and traditions.
Bachelor in Architecture in School of Planning, Architecture & Design Excellence, Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science is a 5 year course approved by Council of Architecture. The study and scope of Architecture is spread across different domains like Architectural Design, Materials & Constructions, Architectural Graphics, Building Services, Allied Subjects like Structures and Electives like Landscape / Interior Design / Construction Technology. The curriculum and syllabus of B.Arch is constantly updated as per the industry requirements. The learning method here at School of Planning, Architecture & Design Excellence includes hands-on sessions. Workshops, Site visits, guest lectures, webinars are conducted frequently to keep the students at par with the constantly evolving field of architecture. The students are encouraged to instigate the creative mind to appreciate various design values and to develop values of their own. The SPADE imparts a wide variety of practical exposure to the students throughout the duration of their course, including a mandatory practical training for a semester.
Duration : 5 Years
- Activity based learning curriculum involving each and every student
- Interaction with practicing architects through discussion forums.
- Study tours and site visits are a regular discourse.
- International exposure through Student’s Exchange Programme.
- Value Added Programmes to keep the student industry ready.
- Hands on workshops/training programmes in exploring design
- Embedding competition /live projects as studio design projects.
- Participation of students in national and international design competitions.
- Interaction with good alumni network of architects inspiring student learners.
- Studio Project in Architectural Design with renowned architects
- Association with many renowned government and private organizations setting an avenue for Industry- Academic knowledge sharing programmes.
- To facilitate the creation of a built environment by adopting holistic approaches to promote sustainable development in Architecture & Planning.
- To qualify students to address concerns of the 21st century and making them globally competent.
- To empower students by imparting Architecture and Planning knowledge in diverse areas with social commitment.
- To enable them to handle the complexities of modern requirements and encouraging exploration, innovation and creative experimentation in shaping the living environment.
PROGRAMME’S EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO’S):
- PEO I Provide a broad and inspiring architectural education by developing skills and knowledge of architectural design, practice and technology; while stimulating critical analysis and speculative exploration of a range of methodologies and critical positions, through the atelier system
- PEO II To train and make future architects competent to face challenges posed by modern world due to all round development in technology and materials
- PEO III Apply academic knowledge toward solving architectural problems and presenting ideas in a broad range of architectural and construction related settings
- PEO IV Communicate and demonstrate design creativity, graphic skills, verbal presentation and organizational skills
- PEO V Perform all professional responsibilities independently, as a team member, or part of a multi-disciplinary team
- PEO VI Demonstrate a knowledge of architectural history, theory, and practice in the solution of architectural design problems in a global society
- PEO VII Retain and preserve rich vernacular architectural values by encouraging use of locally available material technology
PROGRAMME’S OUTCOMES (PO’S):
- PO1 To develop and implement academic measures to adopt modern techniques at the same time keeping balance with time tested traditional values.
- PO2 An ability to conceptualize and coordinate designs, addressing social, cultural, environmental and technological aspects of architecture
- PO3 An ability to work collaboratively with teams of architects and various interdisciplinary design teams involved in the building industry
- PO4 Awareness of the global influences of architecture and an understanding of how design influences the complex modern world system
- PO5 Be able to utilize freehand drawing, architectural graphics, and model building skills in the solution of design problems
- PO6 Develop communication skills through drawn, visual, verbal and written representations of architectural propositions and their cultural, professional, and technical implications.
- PO7 To involve them in group activities so that the team building becomes the nature of their work for the comfortable outcomes in the specializations they might choose
- PO8 To make them understand the current social and economic networks for the feasible outcomes
- PO9 To make them aware of traditional values and historic significances to develop the understanding of the past and respect them
- PO10 Engage the process of design and building in the discourse of social, ethical and professional responsibility.
- PO11 An ability to apply and integrate computer technology in design processes and products
- PO12 To establish and nurture linkages with frontline national/international educational/research institutions for continuously evolving global perspective.
PROGRAMME’S SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO’S):
- PSO 1: Design (Basic Design, Architectural Design, Theory of architecture, Contemporary Architecture)Create an ability to conceptualize and coordinate design that follows a systematic process of analysing alternatives, ideas, theories by evaluating, and synthesizing ideas that include parameters on social, cultural, environmental and technological aspects of architecture.
- PSO 2: Materials, Construction & Services (Materials & Construction, Applied Mechanics, Design of structures, Building Services, Estimation & Specification) Demonstrate the ability to synthesize a wide range of variables into an integrated design solution. It is done by applying appropriate building systems, building materials and construction practices on sound research and design decisions across varying scales of systems and levels of complexity.
- PSO 3: Technology (Appropriate building technology, BIM, CADD)Utilize modern software tools & other appropriate and alternative innovative techniques in a wide range of documentation, presentation, analysis and applications for design development of buildings.
- PSO 4: Sustainability (Sustainable design, Landscape & Ecology, Climate & Built Environment) Create a sustainable and responsive built environment by responding to the climate of the region , adapt appropriate technologies , conserve the ecology ,environment and landscape to achieve a sustainable development for the future .
- PSO 5: Science & Humanities (Human settle and planning, Professional Practice, History of Architecture, Visual art appreciation, Environmental science, Communication skills) understand how history, art and culture have shaped the modern world, through many varied types of creative works, human experiences and to raise questions on value and meaning.
|1.||MR. VERGIS OOMMEN||DISTINGUISHED VISITING FACULTY||B.Arch||GENERAL ARCHITECTURE|
|2.||Dr. SHEEBA CHANDER||PROFESSOR & DEAN(SPADE)||B.Tech, M.T.P, Ph.D||URBAN PLANNING|
|3.||MR. J. SUDHAKAR||PROFESSOR& HOD(ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN)||B.Arch, M.Arch||GENERAL ARCHITECTURE|
|4.||MS. RAMA KARTHIKEYAN||PROFESSOR||B.Arch M.Arch||GENERAL ARCHITECTURE|
|5.||MS. MARY JOHN KURIAN||PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||HOUSING|
|6.||MR. S. VINODH||PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||GENERAL ARCHITECTURE|
|7.||MS. KRITHIKA KARUPPAIH||PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||TRADITIONAL INDIAN ARCHITECTURE|
|8.||MS. C. INDRA||PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||GENERAL ARCHITECTURE|
|9.||Dr. PREETHA JACOB||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.sc (Building Sciences), Ph.D||BUILDING SCIENCE|
|10.||Dr. D. KARTHIGEYAN||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Plan, Ph.D||URBAN PLANNING|
|11.||MS. V. SHAKILA DEVI||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.T.P||TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING|
|12.||MR. VINU VERGIS||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.S||COMPUTER AIDED BUILDING DESIGN|
|13.||MS. R. EMLINE MADONA||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||REAL ESATE DEVELOPMENT|
|14.||MS. DEEPA SAM||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Des||PRODUCT DESIGN|
|15.||MR. K. SURESH BABU||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||INDUSTRIAL DESIGN|
|16.||MS. V. SUMITHRA DEVI||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR||B.Arch M.T.P||TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING|
|17.||MR. K. KASIRAJAN||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||GENERAL ARCHITECTURE|
|18.||MS. P.C.DEVISREE||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE|
|19.||MS. KIRUTHIKA ANAND||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||GENERAL ARCHITECTURE|
|20.||MS. R. AARTHI||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||PLANNING|
|21.||MR. C. YOGANANTHAM||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
|B.E, M.Tech, (Ph.D)||STRUCTURAL ENGINNERING|
|22.||MR. PRABHA TARORA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
|B.Arch, M.Arch||AGENT BASED PARAMETRIC SEMIOLOGY|
|23.||MR. BULLA KALYAN TEJA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.B.A., M.Sc||PARAMETRIC & URBAN PLANNING|
|24.||MS. M. SHRRUTHI||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||ARCHITECTURE|
|25.||MS. TANYA DEVOTTA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||GENERAL ARCHITECTURE|
|26.||MR. K.T.MUTHAIAH||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.U.D||URBAN DESIGN|
|27.||MR. ABISHEK DHANRAJ. J||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||PROJECT MANAGEMENT|
|28.||MS. M. SUNALINI ESTHER||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||M.Arch||BUILDING MANAGEMENT|
|29.||DR. K. KIRUTHIGA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch, Ph.D||GENERAL ARCHITECTURE|
|30.||MS.KARUNYA SENTHAMIZH SAMRAJ||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch, M.U.V.A.D||URBAN VISION AND ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN|
|31.||MS. JANANI RANGANATHAN||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||URBAN DESIGN|
|32.||MS. MEHJABEEN SULATHANA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||ARCHITECTURAL CONSERVATION|
|33.||MR. A. GURU PRASATH||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch, (PDG-UDPL)||ARCHITECTURAL CONSERVATION URBAN PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT|
|34.||MS. S.S. SRUTHI||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||REAL ESTATE & DEVELOPMENT|
|35.||MS. V. AADHITHYA SWATHIHA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||M.Arch, M.Arch||ENERGY EFFICIENT & SUSTAINABLE ARCHITECTURE|
|36.||MR. MOHIT SHILARE||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.F.A, M.F.A||CONTEMPORARY ARTS/FINEARTS|
|37.||MR. D. PRANAV BHARATHI||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||ENERGY & ENVIRONMENT|
|38.||MS. J.K. SIVARANJANI||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch||ARCHITECTURE|
|39.||MS. K. MADHURI||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||ADVANCED ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN|
|40.||MS. S. MAYURI||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Plan||URBAN & REGIONAL PLANNING|
|41.||MR. D. KUMARA DEEPAN||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE|
|42.||MS. PATASKAR KARTIKI DILIP||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Tech||URBAN PLANNING|
|43.||MS. T.J.SINDHUJA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||URBAN DESIGN|
|44.||MR. MEENAKSHI SUNDAR||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Voc.||ANIMATION DESIGN|
|45.||MS. SANGEETHA PRIYA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.I.A.D||INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN|
|46.||MR. SUDHAN SRINIVAS||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Plan||URBAN PLANNING|
|47.||MS. DEEPTHI KRUSHNIKA A||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||SUSTAINABLE ARCHITECTURE|
|48.||SWETHA R||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||INTERIOR DESIGN|
|1||MR. SHANTHANO RAO||PROFESSOR||M. Vis Com- IIT Bombay||LEAD UX Designer - MICROSOFT India|
|2||DR KANDASAMY SUBRAMANIAN||PROFESSOR||PhD||ARCHITECTURAL ACOUSTICS|
|1||MR. N.S. ASHOK||PROFESSOR||B.Arch||ARCHITECTURE|
|2||MR. DHRUV FUTNANI||PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||SUSTAINABLE ARCHITECTURE|
|3||MR. B. JAGANATHAN||PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||URBAN PLANNING|
|4||MR. K .PRASANA||PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.S||PROJECT MANAGEMENT|
|5||MS. M. VIDHYA MOHAN KUMAR||PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||URBAN DESIGN|
|6||MS. N. EASWARI||PROFESSOR||B.Arch||SUSTAINABLE ARCHITECTURE|
|7||MS.MONSINGH GEETHA||PROFESSOR||M.T.P, (Ph.D)||MASS HOUSING INFORMATION SYSTEMS|
|8||MR. S. CHELLA KUMAR||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||DIGITAL ARCHITECTURE|
|9||MR. S. SUBBAIAH||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR||B.Arch||GENERAL ARCHITECTURE|
|10||MR. R. SABRISH||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||GENERAL ARCHITECTURE|
|11||MR. AJAY KORAMANI||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR||B.Arch||GENERAL ARCHITECTURE|
|12||MR. R. ASHOK KUMAR||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||GENERAL ARCHITECTURE|
|13||MR. R. BALACHANDER||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR||B.Arch, A.I.T.P||TOWN & COUNTRY PLANNING|
|14||MR. AQUIN NOEL||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch||GENERAL ARCHITECTURE|
|15||MR. PRADHYUMNA RAO||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch||GENERAL ARCHITECTURE|
|16||MS. APOORVA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Plan||URBAN PLANNING|
|17||MR. K.N.R. SHRIKANTH||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||B.Arch, M.Arch||COMPUTATION DESIGN & BUILDING ENERGY EFFICIENCY|
|18||MS. NAVYATHA THABJULE||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||M.Arch||LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE|
|19||MS. MOHANA PRIYA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||M.Arch||GENERAL ARCHITECTURE|
|20||MS. ASHWINI||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||M.Arch||INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE|
|21||MS. RAMYA R||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||M.Arch||GENERAL ARCHITECTURE|
Laurie Baker Lab
Le corbusier Lab
Active collaborative learning space
Active collaborative learning space
Arch Drawing Studio
Architectural design studio
Architectural design studio
Curriculum & Syllabus
Architects have a diverse range of job options. Qualifies architects can work for pubic and private consulting firms, corporate industrial ventures, consulting, educational institutions, real estate development firms, government agencies such as City Development Authorities, CPWD, PWD, HUDCO and others
With additional specialisation students can become Urban planner, Landscape architect, Restoration architect, Town Planner Interior designer, Industrial/Product designer, Furniture designer, Graphic designer Professor
News & Events
Chief Guest Ar.David Moore felicitated by Mr.Ashok Verghese, Director HITS at International Seminar Vaktra -NASA Talk Series
Dr. Marylin Hamilton Interaction with Faculty members and students of SPADE”
Release of Sovenir by Mr.Ashok Verghese Director - HITS
Singapore Faculty Visit
Students exchange programme from SPADE to Germany
Philips knowledge center visit
Group discussion with Faculty at Parabola