- B.A Pyschology
About the Course
Psychology is one of the major subjects offered at the undergraduate level as part of the triple major programme. It is a three year full time course aimed at introducing students to the fundamental processes underlying human behavior and familiarize them with a few emerging fields and branches of psychology such as Developmental Psychology, Social Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Industrial Psychology & Consumer Behaviour, Health Psychology and Positive Psychology. The course also includes two papers of Practical, Statistics and Group Research Projects
- To familiarize students to the field of psychology, give them the necessary exposure to develop interest in the field and thus prepare them for post-graduate programme in psychology.
- To understand the fundamental processes underlying human behavior and the process of human development and change from biological and psychosocial perspective.
- To understand the different aspects of human behavior in the social, cultural and organizational/work context and thus understanding the effects of group membership on individual behavior.
- To understand abnormal behavior and the various components that promotes health and well being through papers such and Health psychology and Positive Psychology.
- To introduce students to the basic aspects in experimentation and testing in psychology so that students are able to conduct simple tests and experiments, write brief reports based on the findings from the tests and experiments
- To familiarize students with basic statistical techniques and fundamentals of research methodology. In addition students are trained for the application of the same by engaging them in simple quantitative research in small groups.