B.Sc. Food Technology
- B.Sc. Food Technology
About the Programme
Food Technology has revolutionized the food habits of the people in our country by offering cooked and secured packaged foods in attractive forms. Consumption of processed foods is noticeable across almost all sections of the population. And so, the market for processed food is growing very fast.
- Provides knowledge in food science and the principles underlying food processing, industrial management practices, preservation techniques, packaging methods, etc.
- Gives candidates a thorough basic understanding of production processes.
- Enables them to design novel processing approaches and to undertake product development.
- Enables the student to gain a basic understanding of the physical and chemical properties of food and its subsequent behavior of food and food ingredients under different processing conditions.
- Teaches the student to investigate the basic nature of food and its nutritional, physical and chemical properties, to develop new and safe food products, control and management of the quality of processed foods.
The career prospects for a graduate in Food Technology are varied.,
- They can be employed as product development managers in a food research company to devise new food products
- They can be placed as food technologists to ensure and monitor the quality and hygiene of food products in their contamination and adulteration prevention units in food production units
- A Food Technologist can hold various positions of responsibility in public and private sectors such as Supervisors, Assistant Managers, Production Managers, Food Packaging Manager, R & D personnel, Food Scientist, Food Development Manager, etc
- A Food Technologist is welcomed in the R&D departments in various food manufacturing companies to work as a sensory scientist to monitor organic properties like aroma, flavor, etc
- Quality Assurance Manager, Production Manager, Laboratory Supervisor, Food Packaging Manager or as a technician in food processing and packaging industry or even as a research associate in premier institutes, universities and research and development units are some of the other job opportunities for a Food Technologist.
Honours & Minors
- Fundamentals of functional foods and nutraceuticals
- Diet in Health and Diseases
- Medical nutrition therapy for diabetes mellitus
- Gut Microbiome
- Food product development
- Food Microbiology and Safety
- Functional foods and health benefits
For more details on faculty, infrastructure and projects, please visit (https://sites.google.com/hindustanuniv.ac.in/foodtechnology/home)
Duration : 3 Years