B.Des. (Interior Design)
- B.Des. (Interior Design)
Due to globalization and GATT trade agreements in force, the Designers will have ample scope to work anywhere in the world and enhance the quality of work of human life around. Since there are very few colleges in Chennai providing this course, we feel that this institution will be able to provide a good outlet for young talents.
This course aims at developing thinking, inquiring and free spirited individuals, with a reflective outlook making responsive choices.
- Pass in Higher Secondary Examination( 10+2) with not less than 50% marks in any stream
- Pass in 3 year Diploma(10+3) recognized by Central/State Government.
- Qualified in Design Aptitude Test conducted by HITS.
Association with Institute of Indian Interior Designers (IIID) enabling maximum practical exposure and involvement in students in exploring learning through real time projects.
- There are enormous opportunities for the B.Des graduates to secure a job in private sector. Many private organizations such as Boutiques, Hotels, Fashion Media, marketing sector, Furniture Manufacturing Units, and Quality Control Offices, etc. offer huge openings for the B.Des pass outs.
- Besides the private sector firms, numerous government organizations also provide vast openings for the B.Des candidates. The government institutes such as National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), National Institute of Design, The Indian Textile Industry, etc. recruits talented B.Des graduates for various posts.
- In addition to the variety of jobs offered in India, the candidates can also search out for a profession in various foreign countries. Exhibitions and auctions of one's creative works can be conducted in various parts of the world. Workshops can also be conducted.
- Since this is a self-employment oriented course, graduates are also likely to practice independently or alternatively find jobs with Co-operative Offices, Industrial Houses, Films and furniture Industry etc.
- The real estate market in India is on the rise leading to an increase in the demand for creating better interior spaces thus creating the need for interior designers.
Duration : 4 Years