B.Des. (Communication Design)
B.Des. Communication Design
- About the Programme
- Vision & Mission
- PEO, PO & PSO
- Our Faculty
- Infrastructural Facilities
- Curriculum & Syllabus
- Career Opportunities
- News and Events
About the Programme
Communication design is a common approach for expressing a clear message With the help of strategic visual design. HITS' design programmes aim to create an environment that promotes education while also encouraging innovation and social responsibility. The communication course is intended to enlighten, educate, and entertain people in such a way that the message is delivered and received in an appealing and efficient manner. A communication designer will be learning to communicate with the community through graphic design, animation, film editing, and video design after completing the course.
- To excel in innovation and collaborative research, promoting technical and entrepreneurial skills
- To provide a conducive academic environment with contemporary and innovative curricula imparting high quality education
- To offer state of the art laboratory infrastructure to enhance fundamental research
- To maintain an environment to work closely with industries to materialize collaborative and applied research
- To impart technical, managerial and lifelong learning skills, embedded with ethical values and social relevance.
PROGRAMME'S EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO'S):
- PEO1 Foundation for a successful career in all allied media industry through interactive learning process and quantifiable course outcomes in the program.
- PEO2 Imparting knowledge and skills requisite for higher education and further specialisations in various diversified fields related to communication design.
- PEO3 Creating avenues of learning in order to satisfy the learner’s academic interesting, passion and career goals.
PROGRAMME'S OUTCOMES (PO'S):
- Evolving creative understanding in areas of specialised media context to enable better learning through focussed quantifiable course outcomes.
- Deriving analytical solutions in day to day complex sociological situations that need communicative design intervention
- Application of Latest emerging technologies with adaption of emerging latest trends and processes.
- Creating Avenues for further research in communication design and in all its allied fields.
- Understanding the importance of sustainability through the communicative design projects.
- Imparting the requisite ethics and values through academic works.
PROGRAMME’S SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO'S):
- PSO-1: To acquire knowledge to implement solutions in any creative contexts that need for communication design solutions in the changing technological times.
- PSO-2: Impart knowledge to foster one’s career in any communication design related fields or in any allied fields of inter disciplinary in nature.
- PSO-3: To Create avenues for higher studies and research for further specialisation of the acquired knowledge and skills in the areas of communication Design.
- PSO-4: To Establish Integrity, ethics and values in individual learners through understanding of societal concerns and resolutions arrived in academic project works.
|1.||MR. VERGIS OOMMEN||DISTINGUISHED VISITING FACULTY|
|2.||Dr. SHEEBA CHANDER||PROFESSOR & DEAN(SPADE)|
|3.||MR. J. SUDHAKAR||PROFESSOR& HOD(ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN)|
|4.||MS. RAMA KARTHIKEYAN||PROFESSOR|
|5.||MS. MARY JOHN KURIAN||PROFESSOR|
|6.||MR. S. VINODH||PROFESSOR|
|7.||MS. KRITHIKA KARUPPAIH||PROFESSOR|
|8.||MS. C. INDRA||PROFESSOR|
|9.||Dr. PREETHA JACOB||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|10.||Dr. D. KARTHIGEYAN||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|11.||MS. V. SHAKILA DEVI||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|12.||MR. VINU VERGIS||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|13.||MS. R. EMLINE MADONA||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|14.||MS. DEEPA SAM||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|15.||MR. K. SURESH BABU||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|16.||MS. V. SUMITHRA DEVI||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|17.||MR. K. KASIRAJAN||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|18.||MS. P.C.DEVISREE||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|19.||MS. KIRUTHIKA ANAND||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|20.||MS. R. AARTHI||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|21.||MR. C. YOGANANTHAM||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
|22.||MR. PRABHA TARORA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
|23.||MR. BULLA KALYAN TEJA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|24.||MS. M. SHRRUTHI||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|25.||MS. TANYA DEVOTTA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|26.||MR. K.T.MUTHAIAH||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|27.||MR. ABISHEK DHANRAJ. J||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|28.||MS. M. SUNALINI ESTHER||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|29.||DR. K. KIRUTHIGA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|30.||MS.KARUNYA SENTHAMIZH SAMRAJ||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|31.||MS. JANANI RANGANATHAN||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|32.||MS. MEHJABEEN SULATHANA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|33.||MR. A. GURU PRASATH||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|34.||MS. S.S. SRUTHI||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|35.||MS. V. AADHITHYA SWATHIHA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|36.||MR. MOHIT SHILARE||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|37.||MR. D. PRANAV BHARATHI||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|38.||MS. J.K. SIVARANJANI||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|39.||MS. K. MADHURI||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|40.||MS. S. MAYURI||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|41.||MR. D. KUMARA DEEPAN||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|42.||MS. PATASKAR KARTIKI DILIP||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|43.||MS. T.J.SINDHUJA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|44.||MR. MEENAKSHI SUNDAR||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|45.||MS. SANGEETHA PRIYA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|46.||MR. SUDHAN SRINIVAS||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|47.||MS. DEEPTHI KRUSHNIKA A||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|48.||SWETHA R||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|1||MR. SHANTHANO RAO||PROFESSOR|
|2||DR KANDASAMY SUBRAMANIAN||PROFESSOR|
|1||MR. N.S. ASHOK||PROFESSOR|
|2||MR. DHRUV FUTNANI||PROFESSOR|
|3||MR. B. JAGANATHAN||PROFESSOR|
|4||MR. K .PRASANA||PROFESSOR|
|5||MS. M. VIDHYA MOHAN KUMAR||PROFESSOR|
|6||MS. N. EASWARI||PROFESSOR|
|8||MR. S. CHELLA KUMAR||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|9||MR. S. SUBBAIAH||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|10||MR. R. SABRISH||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|11||MR. AJAY KORAMANI||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|12||MR. R. ASHOK KUMAR||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|13||MR. R. BALACHANDER||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR|
|14||MR. AQUIN NOEL||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|15||MR. PRADHYUMNA RAO||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|16||MS. APOORVA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|17||MR. K.N.R. SHRIKANTH||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|18||MS. NAVYATHA THABJULE||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|19||MS. MOHANA PRIYA||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|20||MS. ASHWINI||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|21||MS. RAMYA R||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|Art Room||Audio Visual Room|
|Buckminister Fuller||Department Library|
|Display Room||KSMoorthy Hall|
|Laurie Baker||Lecorbusier Lab|
|Material Museum||Model Making Room|
|Communication design studio||Communication design studio|
|Audio Visual Room|
Curriculum & Syllabus
A degree in communications design can lead to a career in web and multimedia design, graphic design or advertising. Potential employers include publishers, advertising firms, education institutions, corporations and design firms. Potential job titles include communications specialist, graphic designer, multimedia director and web designer.
Regardless of job title, individuals working as Communication Designers use their knowledge of computer software and hardware, project management skills and aesthetic judgment to create a visual design. These designs are aimed at reaching a target audience and relaying information about a company's product or service.
The goal of the program is to prepare students for professional employment as communication designers in the areas of :
- Graphic Design, Typography / Print communication, User Experience Design, Information design, Interactive multimedia, Web communication, Video Film / Short Film Design, Animation Film Design
User Experience Design in association with IMAGINxP a knowledge partner is being offered for all B.Des courses from the academic year 2020-21.