About the Scheme
Dr. Anand Jacob Verghese, Pro Chancellor, Director & CEO, HGI has mooted the idea of introducing the Work as You Study (WAYS) in HITS.
The scheme was launched in the academic year 2020-21 This scheme supports Government of India’s vision of developing a strong and sustainable economy by enhancing employable skills among the youth.
For the first time, as a leading private University, HITS shoulders its responsibility to support the student community by providing part-time employment to an enrolled student in the University, enabling her/him to earn a Bursary. The students selected under this scheme will be known as Campus Student Ambassador(CSA)
Benefits of the Scheme
- Provides opportunities to students to earn while learning to meet their expenses.
- Gives students hands on experience and confidence, thereby prepares them better for taking up jobs in future.
- Prevent students from avoidable distractions and engage them in meaningful, positive activities.
- Develop interpersonal relations, and cultivate social skills, increase industrial contacts, improve self-confidence, job knowledge, job-seeking skills, attitudes towards practical reasoning, develop greater maturity, and demonstrate competencies.
Norms For Selecting Campus Student Ambassador (CSA)
- Only residential students are eligible to apply
- Students can apply for the scheme starting from the 2nd Semester of their study.
- Student must have a minimum of 6 CGPA with no standing arrears.
- Attendance percentage should be minimum 75% in the previous semester.
- There should not be any disciplinary action against the student in the past.
- No Student will be given selection for not more than 2 semesters continuously.
- Students must produce a Letter of Recommendation from the Class Teacher or HoD.
- Students with demonstrated skills will be given priority.
Areas of work
The selected CSA will be posted in the following offices
- KCG Fashion Bank
- Accounts section
- Social Media Management
- Sports Office
- Office of Student Affairs
Last date for Application 20th June 2022
For further details contact
Head- Students Affairs
M005 School of Building Science