M.Tech Defence Technology
- M.Tech Defence Technology
About the Course
The M.Tech.in defence technology courses has been designed to produce Post Graduates who willhave the necessary theoretical & experimental knowledge, skill and aptitude in various defence technologiesareas and pursue them to carryout R&D in defence.
The students will be provided valuable exposure & knowledge for various state of the art defence systems and contemporary technologies through class lectures & main thesis work with the collaboration of DRDO.During the program,the students would be given opportunities in carrying out their main thesis work in DRDO labs, Defence PSUs & Private Defence Industries.This collaborative effort of DRDO, AICTE and Industries will provide required knowledge to the students and create job opportunities for them.
- To develop Post Graduates who have the necessary theoretical & experimental knowledge,skill and aptitude indefence technologies and systems and can get recruited in the various defence laboratories, defence public sector & private industries, ordnance factories and other similar sectors of the economy at national and international level.
- To contrive skilled man power in the field of defence technologies
- To enhance students‟ interaction with the senior, experienced manpower engaged indefence labs and defence industries and have real time knowledge / experience in the technology development,technology deployment and defence systems.
- To acquaint students for the needs of technologies related to defence & security of nationand to create zeal among students to pursue research and development for defence technologies.
It is a 4-semester program with total 80 credits. It is having 4 specializations, as regard to thespecializations, semester -1 will have common curriculum and semester 2 curriculum will be varied asper the specialization. Semester 3 & 4 includes dissertation and industrial training. The M.Tech. in Defence Technology will be having following specializations:
- Aerospace Technology
- Communication Systems & Sensors
- Semester - 1: Courses will be same for all specializations.
- Semester -2: Courses will be as per the selected specialization.
- Semester-3 & 4: Projects and Industrial Training.