M.Tech Embedded & Real Time Systems
- M.Tech Embedded & Real Time Systems
About the PROGRAMME
Embedded and Real-Time Systems play an integral role in many technology products. These systems have applications across a wide variety of industries, including Aerospace, Automotive and Health Care.This course is intended for the students who desire to pursue Master’s programme and Computer Engineer who likes practical programming and problem solving. The course centers around the problem of achieving timing correctness in embedded systems, which means to guarantee that the system reacts within the real-time requirements. Examples of such systems include Airbags, Emergency Breaks, Avionics, and also Multi-media systems like Video Playback and QoS in web servers. The course teaches how to plan real-time systems in theory using established mathematical proofs and to implement them in practice by using the most common scheduling methods. It also gives opportunity to learn to program the system in the C language using the FreeRTOS real-time kernel. Also, the course focuses on the learn-by-doing approach with many examples and real-world programming assignments. A real-time embedded system is designed to monitor and respond to external environments within a time deadline. A wide variety of devices that you see on the market today fall into this category: personal health and fitness trackers, smart thermostats, home security systems, and smart video cameras, to name a few. These systems interact with the environment using a variety of hardware and software interfaces. The learner acquires a broad knowledge in the features and programming models of real-time embedded systems with hands-on learning.
- Exposure to the student to plan and set-up a real-time system both on paper and in practice. Familiarize learner with the Architecture and Programming of Processors, Embedded Computing Platform Design and Analysis.
- Develop broad knowledge on system design techniques and networks for embedded systems.
- Ability to differentiate between a real-time and logical time system;and prioritize tasks in a real-time system using rate monotonic analysis.
- Learn easy programming related to single and multitask applications using a real time operating system.
- Enhance view of different programming languages and theoretical approaches, since the field demands powerful and expressive tools beyond classical imperative programming.
- Scope in R&D and Industries.
- Career opportunities as Research Analyst, Embedded-Security Engineer, Resource/Assets Manager, and Embedded System Engineer, Software Application Developer.
Duration : 2 Years