Bachelor of Physiotherapy (B.P.T.)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (B.P.T.)
Bachelor of Physiotherapy is one of the most preferred branches ofHealthcare Professional courses. It offers the knowledge of basic science disciplines like Anatomy, Physiology along with professional disciplines like Biomechanics, Exercise therapy, Clinical assessment, Rehabilitation and Re-education.
4 ½ Years. 4 Years of learning and 6 months of internship.
What will I study?
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year||Internship|
|Basics of Human body and how does it work||Types of medical conditions and how they are treated||Clinical conditions requiring Physiotherapy & how to assess a patient||How to treat a patient, rehabilitate, & re-educate them. Conduct a project||Implement the clinical knowledge acquired from the past training|
After completing this programme, the student will be able to:
- Assess a patient.
- Make therapeutic decisions.
- Provide high quality treatment.
- Deliver evidence-based practice.
- Conduct practice-based research.
- Handle and maintain physiotherapy equipment.
- Educate patient / caregiver on treatments and exercises.
Completion of recognized secondary school studies (10 + 2) or equivalent with Biology as a subject from a recognized university or board and the candidate must be 16 years old (completed).
Fee & Scholarship
Nominal fee & scholarship for deserving candidates.
- Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Chennai
- Frontier Lifeline Hospital, Chennai
- Voluntary Health Services, Chennai
- TICEL Bio Park, Chennai
- Tamil Nadu Apex Skill Development Centre for Healthcare, Chennai
- Daegu Health College, South Korea
Research Activities by the Dept.
- Mechanical strength of scoliotic vertebrae.
- Effect of modified pelvic exerciser among women.
- Efficacy of resistance exercises in juvenile diabetes and obesity.
After completing Bachelors degree in Physiotherapy, a student can do Masters (M.P.T.), Doctorate (Ph.D.) and Post Doctorate in Physiotherapy or in other fields which are related to healthcare.
|Treatment oriented careers||Academic oriented careers||Medical field oriented careers|
|Set-up own clinic, work in a hospital, rehabilitation centre, MNC, old age home, special schools, and sports training centre.||Educational institution and research centre.||Medical coding, medical transcription, medical content writing, and insurance claim.|
The Physiocare Laboratory is not only equipped with latest and advanced equipment, but also established as per the guidelines of National Commission for Allied and Healthcare Professions Act. The Physiocare laboratory has modalities related to Electrotherapy, Exercise Therapy, Manual Therapy, Heat Therapy, and Hydrotherapy. With the equipment available in Physiocare lab, pain management and rehabilitation can be provided through the following sections:
- Orthopaedic Physiotherapy
- Neurological Physiotherapy
- Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy
- Paediatric Physiotherapy
- Sports Physiotherapy