B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering
- B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering
Vision of the Department
To enable the graduates to be successful in their career as a Computer Engineer
Mission of the Department
- To educate the students to gain an understanding of the fundamentals of core and allied disciplines so that they can enhance their skills in the areas of Computer Science and Engineering and develop solutions to potential problems.
- To impart the importance of teamwork, independent & innovative thinking and leadership qualities
- To inculcate in the students the attitudes and values that will prepare them for lifelong learning
- To generate new knowledge and technology for the benefit of the society through quality research
Programme Educational Objectives
- To provide foundation in the Mathematical, Scientific and Engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems
- To provide exposure to emerging cutting edge technologies, training to work as teams with effective communication skills and leadership qualities
- To prepare the students work with values & social concern, bridging the digital divide
- To create awareness on life-long learning
- PO1. Able to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline.
- PO2. Able to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- PO3. Able to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- PO4. Able to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
- PO5. Able to understand the professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
- PO6. Able to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- PO7. Able to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
- PO8. Able to recognize the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development.
- PO9. Able to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice
- PO10. Able to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices
- PO11. Able to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity
About the Course
The B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering course at Hindustan concentrates on bridging theory and practice, including a wide variety of hardware and software technologies and their applications.
The course is designed to equip students with the fundamental understanding and practical skills needed by the potential leaders of a demanding profession. However, this by no means limits our graduates in their choice of career: like other courses at Hindustan, it is training in logical thought and expression, and can lead to employment in many different fields.
A sound understanding of mathematical ideas is needed throughout the course, both for potential applications such as scientific computation, and for reasoning rigorously about the specification and behavior of programs. Practical skills must also be developed and the majority of subjects within the course are linked with practical work.
The laboratory has a large network of up-to-date workstations for practical work and the network is accessible from colleges and many student rooms and through the internet.
During the first part of the course, your work is divided between lectures (about four a week), tutorials (about once a week), and practical classes (about two sessions a week). In addition, you will be expected to spend a considerable amount of time on private study. As the course progresses, you will begin to work in small classes on more specialized topics. You will spend a substantial amount of time in your third and fourth years working on a project that counts towards your degree.
Tutors want to see how you tackle unfamiliar problems and respond to new ideas; they will be more interested in the problem-solving process than in whether you can get straight to a solution. As in all subjects at Hindustan, the ability and commitment to study are more important than prior knowledge. Specifically, we do not require any formal qualification in computing, although you will be expected to show enthusiasm for the subject. A strong mathematical ability is more important.
Software Engineers work with business organizations, government agencies, nonprofit organizations, freelancers, etc. Specializations in the field include industry (analyst, architect, developer, tester, technical support, managers) and academia (education, researchers)
Duration : 4 Years