- BACHELOR OF COMPUTER APPLICATION (BCA) DATA ANALYTICS / DATA BASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS / MULTIMEDIA AND ANIMATION
BCA is an undergraduate degree course in the field of computer applications. It is a full time course. The duration of the course is three years. This course prepares the students for jobs in IT companies as well as for higher education. After completion of the BCA course, students can go for employment or pursue MCA.
Apart from the core functions of computer Application, the curriculum covers the core areas of Data Analytics, Database Management Systems and Multimedia and Animation.There are also electives offered across the domains to enrich the learning experience.
- To provide a foundation of computing principles and business practices for effectively using and managing information systems and enterprise software in medium and large organizations
- To train students to analyse and design software projects
- To give an exposure to the latest software packages so as to meet the needs of the Industry.
- Candidate from any stream (Science, Commerce or Arts) securing 50% or more at 10+2 level / PUC/HSC without any approximation is eligible to take Admission to BCA programme
- The candidate has to fulfil all the prescribed admission requirements / norms of the Institute / UGC.
Duration and Validity
- Duration of BCA degree is 3 years and the registration period is valid for six academic years.
Semester System is followed with the entire course covered in six semesters.The curriculum for BCA degree programme is designed to have a minimum of 110 credits distributed across Six semesters of study for the award of degree.
Every Semester has theory subjects, Laboratory and a project work at the sixth Semester.
Evaluation Methodology (Assessment Procedure)
Every course shall have two components of assessments namely Formative assessment in the form of Continuous Internal Assessment(CIA) and Summative Assessment which is the End Semester Examination (ESE):
- Continuous Internal Assessment “CIA”. This assessment will be carried out throughout the semester as per the Academic Schedule in the form of online assignments, tests and quizzes.
- End Semester Examination “ESE”. This assessment will be carried out at the end of the Semester as per the Academic Schedule. ESE will be conducted Online proctored exams.
- A Learner is deemed to have passed a course only if the total course score (T=CIA + ESE)>=50/100
- A course successfully completed cannot be repeated.
Award of Degree: Degree will be awarded on successful completion of all theory and practical courses of all the six semesters within 3 to 6 years of BCA programme.
Duration of BCA degree is 3 years and the registration period is valid for six academic years.