M.L.I.S. Library Science
- M.L.I.S. Library Science
- To impart the students a thorough understanding of patterns of knowledge development and its organization;
- To train the students in the advanced skills of information/ knowledge, gathering, processing, organization and retrieval;
- To train the students in information/ knowledge analysis, repackaging and marketing;
- To provide the students thorough understanding of I T applications in information environment including networks and communication systems;
- To train the students in the analysis, planning and management of the systems of library and information centers.
Library forms the nucleus of any system of Education. Libraries are one of the main pillars of the society responsible for educating young people for future careers for different walks of life. Library and information science is an interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary field. It applies the practices, perspectives, and tools of management, information technology, education, and other areas to libraries; the collection, organization, preservation, and dissemination of information resources; and the political economy of information. Librarianship as a profession provides a variety of employment opportunities. Today there are a number of career prospects in Library and Information Science. The qualified professionals are employed in various libraries and information Centers. Trained library professionals can find opportunities for employment both as teacher and as a Librarian. In fact, it is possible to choose the kind of library to suit one's interest and background.
- A modern Library building with Digital Library facilities is functioning.
- The students will be given hands on experience in each and every section of the library.
- The students will be trained with latest information and communication technologies
- Smart Class room facilities are available.
OPTIONS FOR HIGHER STUDIES / RESEARCH
- Avenues of Master of Philosophy in Library and Information Science
- Avenues of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) and Post Doctoral Research (PDF)
- Public Libraries
- School Libraries
- Academic Libraries ( Colleges and Universities)
- Research & Development Institutions
- Publishing Companies
- Archives Centre
- Special Libraries
- Preservation Centre
- Corporate Libraries
- Foreign Libraries and others
Duration : 3 Years