Specialization in Engineering Design
- Specialization in Engineering Design
About the Course
The program is designed to have a special emphasis on the Engineering Design of Machine components, Mechanical engineering systems, Computer Aided Drafting and Modeling, Finite Element Analysis and Computer Aided Simulation and Analysis.
Research facilities are available in the areas of Mechanical Engineering Design, Dynamics and Vibration analysis, Mechatronics, Finite Element Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Internal Combustion Engines, Manufacturing, Thermal Engineering, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Engineering. The course assists our engineering students in developing competence and confidence in creative application of the the design process.
- Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering
- Basics of Computer Aided Drafting and Modeling
- Design of Machine Elements
- Design of Transmission Systems
- Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing
- Finite Element Methods
- Computer Aided Simulation and Analysis
- Design projects
There is a lot of scope for Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Engineering Design. The field has ever increasing potential with flexible opportunities. Some of the fields are given below
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems
- Design of Machine Components
- Design of Machine Tool
- Design of Subsystems for Automotive Engineering
The course provides ample job opportunities in all kinds of Mechanical Engineering related industries, automotive industries, Research and Development center and to become an entrepreneur.
Course provides adequate knowledge to take up Post Graduate programs and subsequently to do research activities.
Duration : 4 Years