Specialization in Power System Engineering
- Specialization in Power System Engineering
About the Course
Power is attracting crucial concern globally. This course provides an advanced training in electrical power systems covering the theoretical, practical and management aspects of generation, transmission and utilization of power.
- Modern power systems are gaining increasing importance due to the crucial necessity of the energy sector as well as the rapid advances in power electronics and power management with the aid of advancements in electronics and computer technologies.
- This course deals with the state of the art techniques in power system analysis, stability, planning, reliability and forecasting.
- The course provides an insight into the sophisticated methods of power system operation and control using computers.
- The graduates can pursue their research in the field of power quality, power system planning, power system reliability and application of power electronics to power systems.
A Pass in B.E. / B.Tech. (EEE / ECE / E&I / I&C/ Electronics/ Instrumentation)
|Core subjects||Elective subjects|
|Advanced Engineering Mathematics for Electrical Engineers||Electro Magnetic Field Computation and Modelling|
|Power System Operation and Control||Analysis of Electrical Machines|
|Power System Analysis||Analysis of Inverters|
|Power System Protection||Special Electrical Machines|
|Power System Dynamics||Power System Planning and Reliability|
|Electrical Transients in Power Systems||Intelligent Control|
|Linear and Non-Linear System Theory||Advanced Power System Dynamics|
|Restructured Power Systems|
|Flexible AC Transmission Systems|
Project work enhances the student’s knowledge in the areas of real time application of Electrical Power systems. The project work consists of two phases. Phase I, which involves simulation of the circuits, is completed during the third semester. In Phase II, implementation of the simulation using hardware circuits is done during the fourth semester.
The following are the industries where the placement of the graduates of the programme is carried out:
- Power Sector industries
- Power Utilities
- Manufacturing Industries
- Research and Development Laboratories
- Defence Organizations like DRDO
- Renewable Energy Production& Industries like
- BGR Energy Systems Limited
- Warrior Power Systems
- Numeric Power Systems
- Industrial Boilers Ltd.
- Husk Power Systems
Duration : 2 Years