Specialization in NDT
- Specialization in NDT
About the Course
Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) plays a vital role in ensuring the quality and reliability of industrial products. There is a constant demand for qualified NDT professionals in industries both within the country and abroad. With many international automobiles and aerospace manufacturing industries in India, NDT technicians and procedure-writing specialists are on the rise. In order to meet this industrial demand, M.Tech Aircraft Maintenance (NDT) programme is structured. In this programme, students are trained with necessary theoretical as well as with practical inputs. The four semester programme consists of theory and practical in the first two semesters. The third semester has mini project and theory papers. The fourth semester is exclusively meant for carrying out project work in industries and various research institutions. This programme is indeed a testimony for the interaction between Aeronautical Industry and Educational Institution.
The students after completing their course get placed in top aeronautical industries and government agencies in India, such as, the following;
Indian defense organizations such DRDO,DRDL, NAL, ISRO, etc
Private organizations such as L&T, Mahindra Satyam, HCL, Saffron, Taneja Aerospace Limited, etc.
In Overseas organizations such as Boeing, Airbus, MRO, GE, etc.
- The Aeronautical department of HITS, hosting the Centre of Excellence in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering under TIFAC-CORE programme of the Government of India, is uniquely placed to offer this programme.
- State of the art Aircraft maintenance equipment available for training.
- Highly qualified academic staff with TIFAC-CORE project experience.
- Vast collection of Aircraft, Cut section Engines and Aircraft sub components like Landing Gear, Braking system and Instrument Panel for training.
- Approved DGCA instructors with vast experience to enhance practical experience on Aircraft maintenance and repair.
The course is designed for students who have interest in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering. It prepares students for exciting and rewarding careers requiring the technical expertise.
- Mechanics of flight
- Civil Airworthiness Regulations
- Airframe Maintenance and Repair
- Aircraft Composite Materials
- Experimental Stress Analysis
- Rocket and orbital Mechanics
- Aircraft General Engineering and Maintenance practices.
- Airlines operation
- Helicopter Maintenance
- Aviation Safety Management
- Advanced Optimization techniques
- Aircraft Navigation System
By the end of the course, the students will be given expert knowledge in the Aircraft maintenance subjects and will be eligible to apply innovative ideas in projects.
The candidates must have passed their Bachelor’s in Aeronautical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering with first class or its equivalent.
Every student is required to undergo summer training during the vacation period to get exposure to the latest technology in the field of maintenance of aircrafts.
For project work, Aeronautical department encourages students to concentrate on research areas and introduce innovative ideas for the development of their knowledge.
Duration : 2 Years