Specialization in Highway Engineering
- Specialization in Highway Engineering
- To introduce the students with the principles and practices of Traffic and Highway Engineering.
- To enable the students to have a strong analytical and practical knowledge of Planning, Designing and solving the Highway Engineering problems.
- To introduce the recent advancements in the field of Public Transit System Planning , Pavement Analysis and Design , Highway Traffic Analysis & Design , Bridge Engineering, Sustainable Urban Development, Traffic Engineering and Management, , Highway Design and Construction, Economic and Environment Evaluation of Transport Projects.
- The students after completion of this course will have an in depth knowledge in Traffic Engineering , Transport Planning, Highway Design and Construction, Sustainable Urban and Transport Development and will be efficient enough to take up projects in the field.
- As the students have hands on experience in working with the Software, live projects, field visits to various organizations and training sessions during the course of study, they will be a full-fledged Traffic and Highway Planner/Engineer.
Job Prospects:Graduates after completion of their course can seek employment in
- National Highway Authority of India Limited ( NHAIL)
- State Highways
- PWD, CPWD
- Highway Research Station(HRS)
- ICRA Ltd., RITES, STUP, SPAN consultants, L&T ECC
- Government sectors like defence services, harbor, port
- Consultancy firms, Quality testing labs, Road projects and Building works,
- Engineering Colleges and Universities